- Shanghai, China
Job Title: Software Engineer - Multimedia
Location: Shanghai - Keyuan Rd
Synaptics Incorporated is a developer and supplier of custom-designed human interface solutions that enable people to interact with a range of mobile computing, communications, entertainment, and other electronic devices. The Company focuses on the personal computer (PC) market, primarily notebook computers, including ultrabooks, the markets for digital lifestyle products, including mobile smartphones and feature phones, the tablet market, and other select electronic device markets with its customized human interface solutions.
Synaptics is looking for smart and talented people to join our engineering team of IOT division. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a large team around the world working to create revolutionary products. Eligible candidates will be working on audio video drivers as well as the media framework of our AndroidTV/Hybird STB solutions. This will primarily be a software engineer role. Responsibility would include:
- Develop and maintain our media framework, Android media HALs, bring up Android media applications like Youtube/Netflix.
- Develop and integrate media components like demux, decoders and encoders.
- Develop and integrate demux, audio, video and multimedia related hardware drivers.
- System-wise analysis and optimization on media playback issues and performances.
- Write test cases, sample codes and documentations for our existing and newly developed software.
- Occasional on-site customer support local or abroad.
- MS or BS in CS, EE or related field of leading universities in China
- Experience in multimedia related fields and embedded system programming is a plus.
- Strong programming ability in C, C++, and scripting languages.
- Proficiency in Linux and/or Windows development environments.
- Deep understanding of audio/video codec and playback pipelines.
- Good problem-solving skills, quick learner, self-motivated to work independently, excellent team work
- Fluent communication in both English and mandarin.
- Ability in ARM assembly is a plus.
- Familiar with operating system internals and multi-threaded programming is highly desirable.
- Hands-on experiences on Android, Android multi-media framework, Android audio/video HALs is a big plus.
- Knowledge of media frameworks like OpenMAX/GStreamer/FFmpeg/DirectShow/QuickTime is a big plus.
- Knowledge of cryptography and/or DRM schemes like Widevine/PlayReady is a big plus.
- Experience in V4L2 or ALSA development is a big plus.
Back to top