Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com .
Synaptics' Information Security Group is seeking a talented and highly-motivated individual to serve as an Information Security Analyst - Senior. The Senior Analyst leads the team to complete tasks designed to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the organization's systems and informational assets. Oversees incident response team and forensics efforts for all security related investigations, including collecting logs, documenting response steps, and collecting critical evidence. Assist in compliance auditing internal systems against baseline configuration requirements and adherence to internal Security Policy. The role requires the analyst to maintain security certifications to demonstrate command of knowledge in the security industry and to keep up to date knowledge of security threats, vulnerabilities, exploits, and trends in the security environment and their impact to the IT systems. Assist in coaching and providing oversight of lower-level analysts. Assists the management team with developing and maintaining information security policies and procedures and tracking compliance throughout the organization. Assists team with designing, documenting, and testing disaster recovery procedures. Work is generally independent of management oversite and collaborative in nature with the rest of the team.
- Monitor and provide security administration and analysis on a wide array of security infrastructure
- Conduct both network and host-based analysis leveraging security tools as part of log monitoring and incident management functions.
- Monitor, investigate, analyze, and remediate or escalate indications of compromised or breached systems and applications.
- Conduct daily security log review tasks
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner, guiding and advising customers on security best practices in a friendly customer-facing manner.
- Research and investigate new and emerging threats and vulnerabilities and participate in security communities.
- Operational management of Security tools (IDS / IPS), Firewalls Anti-Malware and Anti-Virus systems, Endpoint DLP
- Improve the company's ability to identify, prevent, detect and respond to threats by assisting in new technology selection, proof of concept and implementations to advance overall automation in support of operational mission (including SIEM, Firewalls, IDS, Vulnerability Mgt, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Windows, Linux, Unix Operating System, Networking concepts
- Sound understanding of Intrusion Detection/Protection Systems (IDS/IPS), Web Application Firewalls (WAF), IP Reputation Management Systems, Firewalls including Next-Gen, centrally-managed Anti-Malware and Anti-Virus systems, File Integrity Monitoring (FIM), and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems.
- Ability to put separate pieces of information together during investigations
- Technical understanding of current cyber security threats and trends.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of crisis management communication, incident response and handling methodologies, NIST cybersecurity standards
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others in a positive and effective manner
- Ability to work in a team environment
Ability to prioritize projects based on importance and urgency
- Security and Technical Certifications preferred: MCSA, MCSE, RHCA, RHCE, PCNSE, CEH, CHFI, GCIH, GCFA
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or Information Security subject areas (preferred).
- 8 years of job-related experience.
- Relevant experience to include computer security or information systems operations.
- Prior experience working as a Senior SOC analyst a plus.