Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP, and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality, and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure, and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com
Synaptics is seeking a seasoned ASIC validation and characterization engineer to lead new product validation and characterization efforts for high-speed interface products. In this position the candidate is required to work closely with mixed signal design engineers and other Validation and Test Engineering teams throughout the NPI cycle. The position requires in-depth technical expertise in testing and validation of SerDes interfaces and proven ability to develop test automation routines to characterize silicon performance. The position requires strong communications and presentation skills.
- Develop validation and characterization bench test plans for new products.
- Develop and execute test automation routines for characterization and validation test plan.
- Drive and execute PHY compliance tests for DisplayPort1.4, HDMI 2.0/2.1 and USB3.1 interfaces.
- Develop validation and characterization boards to support bench testing.
- Prepare and present validation and characterization reports.
- Research and define methodologies to characterize and test new designs.
- 5+ years of experience as NPI ASIC validation engineer
- Strong knowledge of SerDes design concepts such as equalization and jitter tolerance,
- Experience with bench test automation and tools such as Labview and Python
- Strong expertise with bench test setups and instruments such as high-speed digital scopes, BER testers, logic analyzers and arbitrary waveform generators.
- Strong knowledge of signal integrity concepts, high speed PCB design and layout guidelines, and ability to create new PCB design schematics
- Bachelor's degree in EE is required.
- MSEE is preferreed
Synaptics is an Equal Opportunity Employer