Senior Associate, Finance Reporting & Analytics
- San Mateo, CA
On average, U.S. students are with substitute teachers for 5% of the typical school year. That means our students have substitute teachers for more than six months of their K-12 school career. The problem? We're suffering from a national shortage of substitute teachers.
Swing Education is focused on tackling the substitute teacher shortage. We make it easy for great schools and quality subs to find each other. We help schools access more subs and offload tedious work (recruiting, screening, payroll, etc.) and we help subs find jobs, gain experience and build their professional network.
Swing Education is a revenue generating, Series B, YC company (through ImagineK12).
The Senior Associate, Finance Reporting & Analytics will be a critical part of shaping and growing the Swing financial team. This position will be reporting to the Head of Finance, and collaborate closely with the Business Operations team.
- Build and maintain the company's strategic and financial models and KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) for venture capital fundraising and Board reporting, including building CAC (Customer Acquisition Cost) and LTV (Lifetime Value) models, Cohort and Churn Rate Analyses, for both seller- and buyer-sides for the company's two-sided marketplace business.
- Build Pitch Decks and prepare data rooms for due diligence processes, term sheet negotiations and execution of investment transactions.
- Build capitalization tables and share structures, including calculating pre- and post-money valuation and forecasting ROI (Return on Investment).
- Analyze financial statements and key financial performance metrics and share surface insights about KPI's with senior leadership and venture capitalists.
- Build financial models to support strategic decisions across the organization, including Performance Evaluation Models and Compensation Plans.
- Gather, collect, transform and analyze large volumes of structured and unstructured data, translate the data into insights and present the information to senior leadership.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or Finance or foreign equivalent.
- Experience as an Investment Manager, Investment Associate, or a closely related occupation at a venture capital firm.
- Experience with business forecasting or strategic planning in two-sided marketplace platform start-up companies.
- Experience building strategic and financial models and KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) for venture capital fundraising.
- Experience with the start-up fundraising process, including building Pitch Decks, preparing data for due diligence process, and term sheet negotiation.
- Experience performing financial modeling, including performance evaluation models, unit economic models, CAC (customer acquisition cost) and LTV (lifetime value) models, cohort analyses, and churn rate analyses.
- Experience using Excel formulas, including Pivot Tables, VLookup, Index, Offset, and SUMIFS, to analyze volumes of more than five thousand rows of structured and unstructured data.
- Must have legal authority to work in the United States
- Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Generous PTO
- Paid holidays
- Family leave
- Stock options
- 401k match
- $1k/year for professional development
- A stocked kitchen and unlimited caffeine
- Mission-driven work
- Fun, collaborative, balanced culture
Swing Education is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQIA+ applicants.
Back to top