Job Grade: P1
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Responsible for the daily operations and support of the Port Manager to ensure SOA vehicles are properly distributed, accessorized, and safely transported to our retailer network. To include.
- Damaged vehicle reporting and resolution with Regional offices pertaining to disclosure issues and re-assignment of any damaged vehicles.
- Performs vessel arrival survey and communicate any necessary corrective actions with the ocean carrier, longshoremen, and/or port processing company.
- Manages the ordering and inventory of all accessory parts for vehicle installations at the port facility.
- Communicates and audit all outbound transportation modes to ensure compliance with SOA shipping procedures.
- Audits the handling and staging of vehicles within the port facility and recommend improvements for both the port and processor.
- Provides primary back-up for port manager.
- Familiar with labor skills and regulations within the port environment.
- Ensures C-PAT compliance at the SOA port facility.
Want more jobs like this?
Get Human Resources and Recruitment jobs in Baltimore, MD delivered to your inbox every week.
BA/BS in Business Administration Preferred or similar degree; and 2 to 4 years of related experience.
- Able to work well independently.
- Must have strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working in rail, truck, and an automotive logistics environment.
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft office required.