The Subaru.com Lead Software Engineer works within accepted IT guidelines to develop solutions in support of strategic digital transformation initiatives and business challenges. Additionally, the Software Engineer is responsible for executing major projects and system enhancements with the guidance of the IT Manager. The Software Engineer will also be responsible for day-to-day IT support of Subaru.com.
The Software Engineer is accountable to the full project life cycle including requirements, analysis, design, software development, quality assurance, user acceptance testing, production deployment and support phases working as a full-stack developer participating in front-end, back-end, and middleware development such as messaging for distributed applications that drive Subaru of America's multi-tier web environment.
Want more jobs like this?
Get Software Engineering jobs in Camden, NJ delivered to your inbox every week.
P rimary responsibilities include leading development cycles and managing business expectations for distributed applications, taking features from inception to completion independently across the stack that drive the Subaru.com multi-tier platform. The following duties are expected of the individual in this role:
- Key leadership development role architecting / designing, developing solutions while providing estimates, performing technical reviews, technical leadership to both onsite and offshore teams.
- Design and develop REST and SOAP based web services utilizing Java, Spring and microservices web frameworks including implementation of Java-based unit tests (JUnit, TestNG).
- Support front-end developers providing technical direction in leveraging web services.
- Engage in solution options, troubleshooting, debugging, code reviews and feedback process.
- Work collaboratively with business partners and outside 3 rd party vendors to collect, confirm and realize project business requirements on long term projects, including conducting stakeholders meetings.
- Collaborate with teammates and outside 3 rd party vendors on proposed UX/UI and provide feedback as needed.
- Automate/script common developer tasks, continually optimize personal and team workflows.
- Test and manage project deployments and production releases.
- Perform web services tuning and performance testing.
- Participate in and support the entire SDLC processes. Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards. Ability to lead and mentor developers.
- Ensure work is completed on time and in accordance with our coding standards, conventions, and practices.
- Communicates with project manager on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task deliverables estimates.
- Must be open to providing off-hours production support.
- Deep full stack development experience with ability to apply design principles and patterns in creating enterprise level solutions.
- Good analytical skills, advanced problem solving, debugging and good technical documentation skills.
- Strong abilities to analyze data, conduct research, think analytically and work in a diverse group situation.
- Strong working knowledge of Spring, Spring Security, Spring Boot and Java-based unit testing (JUnit, TestNG).
- Core competencies in Java EE, XML, JSON, HTTP, Web Services (REST and SOAP).
- Development of web applications, web components, and web services.
- Experience with Test Driven design / development.
- Good knowledge of data structures, algorithm, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures.
- Experience implementing transaction and management and persistence using lightweight frameworks such as JPA and Hibernate.
- Experience with data modeling and database programming skills (Oracle database and PL/SQL experience a plus).
- Experience building web applications for mobile devices is a plus.
- Solid understanding of web services software architecture and design, including security-based implementations a plus.
- Experience with Maven and dependency management tools such as Apache Archiva.
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI/CD tooling.
- Proficiency with source control management systems such as SVN and GitHub.
- Experience with version control common practices (branching, commits, pull requests, and merge conflict resolution).
- Experience with Tomcat, Apache HTTP Server, AEM a plus.
- Familiarity with Linux (ssh, sftp, and bash scripting skills).
- Ability to develop and manage project plans, budgets and projections and to present data clearly, concisely, and accurately
- Manage multiple concurrent projects ensuring exceptional customer satisfaction and on-time delivery.
- Experience in Project Life Cycle methodology
- High level of organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate actionable analytical findings to a non-technical audience in clear and concise language.
- Develop and maintain skills to the highest standards consistent with best practices and emerging trends in customer facing application.
- Proficient in the use of tools for creating work breakdown structures, word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations such as Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must possess demonstrated skills in leadership
- Advance problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to frame a business issue, design the right solution, and deliver results.
- Experience in Automobile Domain is a Plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related technical concentration
- 6 to 8 years of related web development and management experience
- Must have a robust understanding and expertise in expertise in customer facing .com technology and marketing
- Experience playing a key role in the successful migration, implementation and support of a new systems in another organization is ideal
- Evidence of proven leadership within a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment
- Understanding of the sales and marketing process and how a customer facing tool can be used to improve the sales and marketing efforts
- Experience with AEM and/or the Adobe Marketing Cloud is a plus
The ideal candidate will possess a BA/BS degree in Computer Science (Master's degree in computer science a plus) with 6 plus years of overall development and 3 plus years of enterprise software experience. Must have excellent verbal communication, written communication, and social interaction skills.
Hybrid work environment - remote work possible two day per week.
- 4 Year College (BA, BS)
- 6 - 8 Years