Location: Lafayette, IN
Summary: Serves as Subaru of America (SOA) leader for all new model launch quality monitoring team activities. This includes leading new model root cause field investigations, either independently or with Subaru Corporation (SBR) and SOA personnel. Leads various other quality and department projects.
- Supervises day-to-day warranty parts and special collection activities which validate and expedite the root cause investigation of returned parts.
- Manages direction and activity of new model launch product quality performance in meeting customers' expectations. Quality data is collected, analyzed, and disseminated from Quality Monitoring Reports (QMRs), Techline cases, Customer Advocacy Department (CAD) cases, warranty claims, and Telematics data.
- Leads Quality Monitoring Team (QMT) negotiations between quality launch teams, SBR, Subaru of Indiana Automotive (SIA), and the field to improve new customers' quality expectations and experiences.
- Leads pre-quality launch team activities and evaluations such as pre-production, field trial evaluations, and Customer Acceptance Program (CAP) drives.
- Leads special activities in the field, including inspection audits utilizing SBR's Vehicle Evaluation System (VES) including both static and dynamic evaluations, and utilizes VES audit practices and standards to evaluate competition audits, rust monitoring team activities, etc.
- Oversees temporary staff to meet facility and Field Quality Assurance (FQA) business needs, including but not limited to field quality special projects and CVT investigation ATC project.
- Oversees contractor staff to support paper, metal, and converter recycling activities.
- Manages full time employee to meet facility and department needs, including quality improvement projects, inventory needs. etc.
- Performs retailer visits and investigations with Field Service Engineers or independently to gather additional details of developing technical quality issues for quick response activities (QRAs), new model launches, and current quality investigations.
- Leads SOA's interests in supplier quality activities. Determines SOA priority in addressing supplier quality issues for current product through discussion and negotiation.
- Develops and supplies specialized technical support for newly released models to retailers, Field Service Engineers and Techline as necessary, through multiple communication channels both remotely and in person.
- Acts as backup to assist in covering for a Field Service Engineer, in cases such as an open position, leave, etc. (on a short-term basis only).
- Organizes and leads the "QMR of the Month" program to reward high performing technicians and encourage quality reporting from all retailers.
- Directs the National Key Retailer Program (KRV) visits to familiarize SBR, North American Subaru, Inc. (NASI) and SIA personnel with retailer activities and Voice of the Customer (VOC) from across the country.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma, International Organization for Standardization (ISO) quality management, and Technical Specification (TS) 16949 activities.
- Working knowledge of the technical operating characteristics of all Subaru vehicles.
- Ability to attend and pass all SOA technical training courses and maintain a Senior Master Technician level.
- Professional flexibility that will allow the individual to adapt to varying degrees of responsibility and workload with a willingness to expand or develop existing skill sets in an effort to succeed in a changing business climate.
- Computer proficiency with knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, along with the ability to learn new and proprietary SOA systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and maintain a driving record that satisfies the requirements of the SOA Driving Record Evaluation Criteria Policy. Must be approved as an "Authorized Driver" by Risk Management to operate vehicle prior to vehicle operation.