Grade M1: LAX Zone(San Diego and Orange County)
Act as a business consultant to Subaru of America, Inc's retailer body for parts and service operations. Specifically, the District Parts & Service Manager is responsible for customer handling with the retailer relating to warranty and goodwill procedures, achieving district parts and accessory sales objectives, developing fully qualified and profitable parts and service operations, effective warranty processes, training and developing the dealership's non-technical staff, and by having each retailer meet all parts and service related minimum standards. In addition, this position shares responsibility with the District Sales Manager for attaining goals in sales and service customer satisfaction.
Want more jobs like this?
Get Unknown jobs in San Diego, CA delivered to your inbox every week.
- Must know the basic technical operating characteristics of all Subaru vehicles.
- Communicate effectively with SOA/Region/Zone/Retailer/Customer to assist retailers in resolving retail non-technical customer issues.
- Ensure district retailers utilize core programs: PRIME, Subaru Ad Fund and Care Connect to promote Genuine Subaru parts and accessories.
- Be knowledgeable on all parts distribution policies and reinforce retailer compliance on returns and claims handling.
- Motivate, analyze and counsel district retailer's parts and service operations to attain business plan purchase, sales objectives and retailer profitability.
- Counsel with district retailers on warranty processes, Policy Adjustment Review, warranty cost and frequency, and warranty audit compliance.
- Provide consulting to retailers to improve service CSI.
- Review retailer's compliance with Subaru minimum standards and provide service capacity planning projections to ensure an excellent customer experience which will yield improved service retention and retailer profitability.
Skill Requirements: Attend and pass all SOA web-based technical training (WBT) courses and instructor-led new technology training (NTT) courses. This position requires professional flexibility that will allow the individual to adapt to varying degrees of responsibility and work load with a willingness to expand or develop existing skill sets in an effort to succeed in a changing business climate. Computer proficiency with knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI). Must have the ability to learn new / proprietary SOA systems Parts inventory management, marketing, financial analysis and general business acumen is critical. Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills are necessary for this position. Must possess a valid driver's license and maintain a driving record that is acceptable or probationary under the SOA Driving Record Evaluation Criteria Policy. Must be approved as an "Authorized Driver" by Risk Mgmt. to operate company vehicle prior to vehicle operation.