Director, Information Technology - Marketing Systems and Data Governance
Summary - Purpose of Position:
The Director, Information Technology develops Marketing Department systems in support of Subaru's mission and core objectives, providing leadership, vision, and management to the IT Department. This position will also own Data Governance to ensure Subaru data is usable, accessible, secure, and protected. The Director's role is accountable for the management, mentoring, and career development of the members of the IT staff.
- Reports to: Vice President, Information Technology
- Location/ Department: Information Technology
- Job Grade: D2
Want more jobs like this?
Get Software Engineering jobs in Camden, NJ delivered to your inbox every week.
Must be able to perform all of these:
- Demonstrates ability of project planning and management of software development teams .
- Demonstrates experience in teaming up with SME's and business partners to develop robust technical solutions that are aligned with the business and technology capability roadmap.
- Demonstrates experience in delivering Marketing solutions in a fast-paced, complex business environment.
- Directs, manages and is accountable for the activities and operations of the IT team that include motivating staff, administering the budget, and maintenance of physical facilities.
- Negotiates service level agreements with service providers and internal, external customers while monitoring service delivery to ensure the agreed targets and standards are met.
- Schedules major projects while gaining approval for the IT resources identified in project plan that are required to meet the defined business objectives.
- Conducts staff meetings & determines outcome of personnel situations using appropriate discretion in concert with HR advice and respect for the individual.
- Supervises all major vendor interactions that include the generation of RFPs, bids, contracts, and service agreements.
- Oversite of production support processes and direction of production issue triage and resolution.
- Assists in recruiting, hiring, and providing appropriate training for IT support staff.
- Passionate about the future of Marketing Department and SOA business.
- Passionate about d elivering value through technology.
- Supports relationships with principal stakeholders and strategic business partners.
- Propagates changes & newsworthy events within the company to IT staff members.
- Champions change and effectively manages the implementation of new ideas.
- Ensures that network and data security is enforced to safeguard the company's information. Security practices include prohibiting access to restricted websites, maintaining virus protection software, and employing appropriate and effective technology solutions.
- Evaluates emerging technologies & trends, recommending appropriate hardware and software upgrades aligning to business objectives.
- Demonstrates Sr. IT Mgmt. experience driving & defining complex IT strategy.
- Demonstrates management experience with budgets in range of $4-10 million.
- Effectiveness in presenting complex technical concepts to non-technical colleagues.
- Effective project management skills to lead multiple IT disciplines that include software development, technical support, systems architecture, etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of computer systems, applications, operating systems, data security, cloud and SaaS, PaaS, IaaS environments. DevOps, agile, and waterfall.
- Academic background & professional studies in Computer Science or related field.
- Negotiating and collaboration skills with third party IT business partners.
- Advanced decision making and problem-solving skills.
- 4 Year College Degree (BA, BS)
- 12 Years