Who we are
Stride is a female-founded organization that was established in 2014 by Debbie Madden. We are a values and mission driven organization with a vision to help build a brighter future for our planet and generations to come. Stride has been trusted to build software for companies such as: Stash, CodeAcademy and Plated.
Accelerate your career at Stride
You’ll have the opportunity to learn from a wide range of client domains and products across a variety of values-aligned engagements. You'll be mentored to become an expert at technical details and problem-solving in ways aligned with the real needs of teams and users.
We are tech and industry agnostic, so if you’re interested in learning more about a particular language or tech environment you’re in good company. Did we mention that we love agile values and extreme programming (XP) practices?!
What you’ll work on day-to-day
- Collaborate with client engineers, other Striders, product managers, and designers to deliver features while improving the code quality of the application
- Suggest potential improvements to existing and greenfield applications
- Work with a senior member of the team to solve for project constraints, including time, scope, and budget, as well as unique project constraints with performance, compliance, and security
- Implement XP and agile practices, including articulating the benefits of each practice, such as version control, continuous integration, and continuous deployment; learn to strategically and incrementally use agile practices that are best for the project’s unique constraints and business needs
- Contribute to shared learning of new skills (e.g., frameworks, languages) and engineering practices such as testing, version control, and design
- Use your knowledge of the product life cycle and deliver working software solutions as early as possible. Build a solution and testbase that can be responsibly transitioned to client teams. Onboard and train clients into the new systems and processes that have been created for further development and operation.
Here’s what we're looking for
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional team members to achieve shared outcomes
- Familiarity or experience with a variety of agile practices, such as pairing, TDD, and team events facilitation (e.g., sprint planning, demos, retrospectives)
- The ability to contribute in discussions about trade-offs of different technical approaches, such as object-oriented versus functional programming, design patterns, API design, integration patterns
- An empathetic approach to setting and managing expectations and the ability to cultivate relationships with team members and
- Experience setting and managing expectations with senior decision-makers is a plus
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; and other business and organizational needs. The range of starting pay for this role is $120,000 - $130,000
Stride Consulting is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Stride Consulting is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.