Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent - we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks - open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future-one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration + acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What's in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
The Loan Closing Associate manages the closing of commercial lending transactions, including complex products, from end to end, in accordance with regulations and Sterling National Bank policy. This position reviews legal documentation, schedules closings, processes fees, provides all required reporting and works closely with management to ensure workflow balance and compliance with standardized process and procedures.
- Work closely with Manager Directors and outside counsel to prepare and review legal documentation, settlement sheets, third-party reports and other required documents to close transactions.
- Maintain pipeline of new loans, extensions and modifications including complex transactions and new products for commercial lines of credit from $100M to $5MM+, commercial real estate, including construction up to $30MM+, public finance transactions, syndications and participations and required.
- Facilitate commercial closing transactions from beginning to end. Including, performing a variety of duties related to the disbursal of commercial loan funds.
- Assist department leadership with drafting and implementing new procedures.
- Participate in non-routine activities including mergers, technology systems enhancements, as well as improvements to existing software programs utilized by the Bank.
- Participate in process improvement projects and new product rollouts; assume additional responsibilities as required.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
Who We Want
- 3 years of experience in Commercial Lending Administration is required.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's, and/or Master's) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- Knowledge of Commercial and Consumer Regulatory Requirements, business practices and product information.
- Proven ability managing labor intensive Business Banking Loans, complicated participations and Public Finance transactions of over $50MM.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team orientation.
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
At Sterling National Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Sterling National Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.