Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent - we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks - open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future-one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration + acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What's in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
The Client Service Representative for our Contact Center will provide exceptional problem resolution, customer service, and guidance to our clients. Bring your passion and drive and we will train you on the rest. In a vibrant high volume inbound Contact Center you will build strong and long lasting client relationships by providing quality client service and sales in an effective and highly professional manner. Achieve a high level of accomplishment by understanding client needs and identifying opportunities to grow relationships.
- Furnish current and accurate information on all products, services, and special campaigns offered by the bank; resolve product or service related inquires and research issues accurately/efficiently by adhering to the "first call resolution" client service standard by responding to inquires accordingly; demonstrate ability to independently handle challenging client interactions with tact, professionalism and minimal supervisory support.
- Meet and or exceed service, productivity and quality metrics set by department management, ensuring service provided exceeds client expectations; solidify client relationships by proactively identifying needs and offering services/products that will meet those needs.
- Possess up-to date knowledge on all client service channels, in particular, emerging technology-related banking products, including online and mobile application banking.
- Communicate with clients effectively (verbal, written, email) and provide feedback to supervisors.
- Conduct service-related and/or marketing outbound telephone calls to specifically targeted clients.
- Perform additional responsibilities as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
Who We Want
- At least 2 years customer service banking experience
- One year of demonstrated successful sales experience in a salary plus incentive environment preferred
- Extensive practical knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Ability to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule. May be required to work Saturdays, Sundays and extended hours.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's and/or Master's) preferred yet a High School Diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Proven ability to consistently deliver service excellence and proficient in sales techniques, including telemarketing consulting, prospecting and networking.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of bank products and services as well as the financial services industry.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills, experience with outside calling preferred.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish credibility and rapport, excellent customer relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated math skills with an understanding of debit and credit relationships and negotiable instruments.
- Other Attributes - flexible and agile; takes initiative and solves problems; decisive; outstanding ability to think outside-the-box and use resources at hand to effortlessly get to the bottom of an issue; extremely accurate and detail-oriented coupled with the ability to see the broader picture.
At Sterling National Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Sterling National Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.