Senior Hydrogeologist / Water Resources Engineer
- Pasadena, CA
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Our Pasadena, CA office is seeking a Senior Associate Hydrogeologist to join our multi-disciplinary team of environmental service providers, as a key member of our integrated water resources and quantitative groundwater modeling team, each committed to delivering sound and strategic consulting services to a range of public and private sector clients. If working on challenging projects and leading teams aimed at delivering solutions to some of California’s most complex water resource opportunities appeal to you, join us.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Participate in technical groundwater management projects from planning through design and construction.
- Support technical teams and mentor entry-level staff.
- Meet scope, schedule, budget, and quality goals.
- Deliver excellent client service.
- Manage tasks and projects, as appropriate.
- Work with project staff and subject-matter experts to develop innovative solutions for clients.
- Participate on technical review committees and support technical delivery for Stantec projects locally and in other offices.
Business Development/Client Service Management:
- Support business development and marketing efforts to grow Stantec’s groundwater and related integrated water management services.
- Support proposal and task order development.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Work with client service teams to win work with new and existing clients.
- Participate in local and national technical associations (e.g. WEF, AWRA, GRA, etc.).
Your Capabilities and Credentials
Valid California Certified Hydrogeologist (CHG) license, or ability obtain license within one year, preferred.
12+ years of experience in the following:
- Subsurface investigation processes including drilling and soil classification
- Groundwater and soil sampling techniques and procedures
- Groundwater management and integrated regional water management planning
- Groundwater recharge investigations (e.g., groundwater banking and ASR)
- Groundwater modeling platforms (e.g., MODFLOW and IWFM) and applications in Southern California, Central Coast and Central Valley of California- Well design and installation
- Familiarity with geological software (e.g., Surfer, gINT, RockWorks16, and other current applications).
- Understanding of So Cal, Central Coast and Central Valley of CA groundwater conditions and issues, and client relationships and experience with local/regional water management agencies and various industries managing complex water resources, groundwater contamination and remediation projects, preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with client service management.
- Understanding of Central Valley groundwater conditions and issues, and client relationships and experience with local/regional water management agencies.
Education and Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree in geology, hydrology, or civil engineering; MS or PhD preferred.
- 12+ years of experience, required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top