The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Directs project team, including consultants and leads communications with the client and contractor during all phases of sports & recreation projects.
- Involved with business development, marketing and procurement strategies for sports & recreation projects.
- Participate and collaborate in the leadership and growth of the sports & recreation practice.
- Collaborate with team on sports & recreation projects through all stages including programming, design phases and contract.
- Resolve complex technical and design issues.
- Generate planning and detailed design layout for sports & recreation facilities.
- Assist in coordination and communication with stakeholders, consultants, design and technical team members.
- Support technical tools used by the Team, including AutoCAD and Revit.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong knowledge of Revit required.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong graphic presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of the relation between the National/Alberta Building Code and detailing.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Architecture; AAA or other Canadian Provincial registration as Architect is mandatory.
- Minimum 10 years of design and building detailing experience, mainly for sports & recreation projects.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top