Land Development Project Manager
- Austin, TX
Strong communities don’t just happen—they’re built. They’re creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We’re driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We’re a place where you can apply your passion—and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Stantec is seeking a talented, team-focused Project Manager to join our team in Austin, Texas (1905 Aldrich Street). The Project Manager is responsible for management, preparation and coordination and of all technical activities on assigned project. The position plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates assigned engineering work, monitors work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices and standards, and ensures that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and that the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied. The Project Manager ensures completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints. As a licensed professional engineer, the Project Manager has the authority to seal engineering documents. This position is expected to have significant technical knowledge and awareness to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
The Project Manager acts as the designated representative for Client and jurisdictional agency personnel, and coordinates of all internal activities performed by engineering staff.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Project schedules and forecasts.
- Preparation of plans and reports for project design elements including grading, drainage, utilities, roadways.
- Coordination and checking of engineering deliverables (QA&QC).
- Monthly project status reports and change orders.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical aspects of projects.
- Accountable for the successful completion of engineering projects.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
- Budget monitoring and trend tracking.
- Participate in Client/Contractor meetings and resolve technical project issues.
- Ensure effective engineering and Client communications.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- 7+ years of engineering experience in site development and familiar with regulatory requirements.
- Experience in all aspects of site engineering, including: water, wastewater, lift stations/FMs, drainage design, and platting.
- Registered Professional Engineer. - AutoCAD skills required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top