Strong communities don’t just happen—they’re built. They’re creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We’re driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We’re a place where you can apply your passion—and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Stantec is seeking a talented, team-focused Land Development Civil Engineer (PE) to join our team in Austin, Texas (1905 Aldrich Street). The Civil Engineer is responsible for conducting studies and preparing plans and specifications, and applying technical engineering principles, methods, and techniques on site engineering projects. The position has also responsibility for preparation and coordination and of technical activities on assigned projects. The position plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates assigned engineering work, monitors work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices and standards, and ensures that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and that the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied. This position is expected to have significant technical knowledge and awareness to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing and to initiate appropriate correct ive actions.
While on project, the Civil Engineer reports to the Project Manager, who has ultimate responsibility for both the quality and effective execution of project assignments. Also assists the Project Manager in the day-to-day interaction with the Client’s designated representative and jurisdictional agency personnel.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Preparation of plans and reports for project design elements including grading, drainage, utilities, roadways.
- Coordination and checking of engineering deliverables (QA&QC).
- Monthly project status reports and change orders.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical aspects of projects.
- Accountable for the successful completion of engineering projects.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
- Budget monitoring and trend tracking.
- Participate in Client/Contractor meetings and resolve technical project issues.
- Ensure effective engineering and Client communications.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- 4-7 years of engineering experience in site development and familiar with regulatory requirements.
- Experience in all aspects of site engineering, including: water, wastewater, lift stations/FMs, drainage design, and platting.
- This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.