Design Coordinator - Interior Design
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Be an essential part of a project team working on all phases of a design project from Schematic Design through Construction Administration.
- Support Designers in programming, space planning analysis and schematic design.
- Develop detailed design concepts with direction and create construction documents.
- Participate in Building Information Modeling through project design and documentation.
- Select finishes and furnishings with specifications.
- Opportunity to work on project types for Entertainment and Hospitality.
- Report and work closely with Senior Level Designers and Architects.
- Participate in all aspects of a project from design, task management, and delivery.
- Contribute to firm-wide initiatives to help advance our project design, operations, and business development.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficiency with Revit required and familiarity with SketchUp, InDesign and Bluebeam desirable.
- Comprehensive interior design documentation knowledge.
- Communication and time management skills.
- Team-oriented as well as the ability to work independently.
- Communicate effectively with clients and colleagues in a dynamic and energetic environment.
- A self-starter, pro-active attitude, attention to detail, a strong work ethic, punctuality
Education and Experience
- Completion of a Bachelor of Interior Design or Architecture degree at an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in commercial projects in a variety of project sizes (with a preference in Entertainment and Hospitality projects).
Please include a work sample with your application.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top