Architectural Project Manager
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
The Project Manager is a licensed professional with responsibility for project performance in terms of profit, quality, and client satisfaction. The role primarily involves management of the internal team and external consultants while working with the principal in charge in interfacing with the client. The Project Manager may be called upon to manage one or more projects of various complexity and scope. They are expected to have a broad set of experience and knowledge. This is a leadership role that requires oversight, guidance and mentoring of others.
Your Key Responsiblities
- Oversee preparation of documentation in various architectural phases including site plans, floor plans, building elevations, building sections, details, models, and renderings.
- Oversee selection of building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) and associated documentation.
- Conduct field observation acting as an agent of the client and report progress of construction to the client.
- Manage and tracking of change orders, pay apps and other contractual modifications impacting budget and schedule.
- Lead project coordination and site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors.
- Determine staffing needs and recommend personnel
- Motivate project teams
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- LEED accredited professional is preferred
- Detailed knowledge of building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards
- Ability to hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively
- Ability to apply accessibility codes, applicable building codes, and life-safety codes to a wide variety of project scopes and complexity
- Ability to oversee development of building documentation in modeling/drafting software (Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD)
- Strong experience with general software (Newforma Project Center, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, etc.)
- Ability to check work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage team to meet project budget and schedule
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong understanding of project financials
Education and Experience
- Professionally accredited degree in Architecture support of professional license is required
- Professional Architectural license is required, minimum 10 years’ experience
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top