Business Development Manager
- New York, NY
About the Job
Some Spider is seeking a Business Development Manager to join the Audience Monetization Team. We are a media and entertainment company building identity based brands that have unparalleled reach and engagement in our space. This role is a full-time position at our New York office.
About the Role:
You will be responsible for spearheading the launch and growth of our new Page Lending initiative -- work with direct response advertising partners by leveraging the social reach of our brands to efficiently scale and drive conversions.
You are a strategic thinker and love diving deep into data to understand each stage of the customer conversion funnel, then leverage this information to make real-time optimizations and recommendations that further fuel performance. You will constantly be testing (can't stop, won't stop). And you should be flexible and are able to succeed in an extremely fast-moving environment.
Like us, be a "geek who speaks" - a data-driven decision maker who can communicate clearly and simply with a solutions oriented approach.
- Identify and build a partner pipeline, while maintaining a high level of activity.
- Communicate our brand and data story to sell our affiliate/bounty based advertising solutions to partners.
- Deliver against key KPIs that drive towards revenue performance targets.
- Recommend new paid media tactics, concepts, and channels to enhance broader marketing strategy and continually build insights.
- Keep on top of industry trends in performance marketing
- 2-5 years of experience working in digital performance marketing or business development (preferably in media)
- Understanding of paid media attribution models and methodologies.
- Superb communication, both oral and written.
- Superior analytical skills. Ability to make data-driven decisions to produce tangible improvements in performance.
- Excellent Excel (Pivot table, V-Lookups & Formulas) skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail, time management and the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Intellectual curiosity along with eagerness to listen to, learn from and collaborate with colleagues and external partners.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high energy, fun, and entrepreneurial environment.
About Some Spider Studios
Some Spider Studios is a fast-growing media & entertainment company backed by top VC's and serial entrepreneurs Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara. Marc and Vinit previously co-founded Diapers.com and sold it to Amazon. Marc more recently founded Jet.com and sold it to Walmart, where he is CEO of Walmart.com.
We're currently home to four channels: Scary Mommy (largest women with kids brand online), CAFE (led by popular national figure Preet Bharara, host of chart topping pod "Stay Tuned"), The Dad (fastest growing new brand for men with kids) and our newest addition Fatherly (new voice in practical parenting) - all built for mobile, social and streaming.
Fresh off our latest funding round, we are now accelerating hiring and looking for exceptional talent who will join us on our mission to build the very best team and culture on the planet
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with career development opportunities when available.
About Some Spider Studios
Some Spider Studios is a media & entertainment company building identity brands that lead their space. It all starts with amazing original content that connects with people. We value creativity, analytical rigor, relentless initiative, humor and kindness. We work hard because we love what we do. We offer fun problems to solve, a passionate team that cares, and the chance to turn this industry on its head.
Back to top