Associate SEO Editor
- New York, NY
About the Job
Some Spider is looking for an awesome Associate SEO Editor who will play an integral part in creating SEO-facing content for Scary Mommy. This team creates well-researched articles that are written with the goal of ranking in Search. The SEO team researches the best content that meets the needs of our intent driven (search) users.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of editorial, writing, and SEO skills, and should understand how to use search engine tools in order to discover high-interest topics readers will love. This role is perfect for anyone who is detail-oriented and isn't afraid of data.
- Manage and own the day-to-day and long-term strategic operations of SEO-focused editorial content
- Manage our content updating process with SEO best practices at its core
- The major focus of this role will be updating existing content in order to optimize it around search -- up to 100 pieces of content weekly, with an additional 100+ on a monthly basis
- You'll be staying consistent with the Scary Mommy voice, ensuring all copy and creative assets are in line with the brands' unique (and fun) storytelling approach
- Work closely with SEO Director and Lead SEO Editor to coordinate content production and update strategy to drive results in both short and long term
- 2+ years of relevant writing and editing experience of SEO-focused content, preferably for a digital media publisher
- Strong writing and editing skills, preferably in the parenting sphere
- Strong knowledge of basic SEO, willingness to learn about SEO tools such as SEMrush, Moz, and Keywords Everywhere
- Ability to plan, produce and update content optimized for search
- Preferably has worked with Wordpress before
- Experience using analytical tools such as Google Analytics and SEMRush to gauge performance and content strategy is a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit with outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
About the Role:
Some Spider is looking for an awesome Associate Affiliate Editor who will play an integral part in creating SEO-facing shopping content for Scary Mommy and The Dad. This team creates well-researched and curated product-focused articles and are written with the goal of generating revenue from the sales of recommended products featured in the stories. The affiliate team researches the best products that not only meet the brands' audiences' needs, but meet the broader needs of search users.
We cover a wide range of product categories appealing to parents, including pregnancy essentials, kid/baby/toddler gear, beauty, fashion, home, tech, general lifestyle, and more. The ideal candidate will have a mix of editorial, writing, and SEO skills, and should understand how to use search engine tools in order to discover high-interest products readers will love (and want to buy). This role is perfect for anyone who is detail-oriented, loves to research products before purchasing them, and is data-obsessed.
About Some Spider Studios
Some Spider Studios is a fast-growing media & entertainment company backed by top VC's and serial entrepreneurs Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara. Marc and Vinit previously co-founded Diapers.com and sold it to Amazon. Marc more recently founded Jet.com and sold it to Walmart, where he is CEO of Walmart.com.
We're currently home to four channels: Scary Mommy (largest women with kids brand online), CAFE (led by popular national figure Preet Bharara, host of chart topping pod "Stay Tuned"), The Dad (fastest growing new brand for men with kids) and our newest addition Fatherly (new voice in practical parenting) - all built for mobile, social and streaming.
Fresh off our latest funding round, we are now accelerating hiring and looking for exceptional talent who will join us on our mission to build the very best team and culture on the planet
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with career development opportunities when available.
About Some Spider Studios
Some Spider Studios is a media & entertainment company building identity brands that lead their space. It all starts with amazing original content that connects with people. We value creativity, analytical rigor, relentless initiative, humor and kindness. We work hard because we love what we do. We offer fun problems to solve, a passionate team that cares, and the chance to turn this industry on its head.
Back to top