Solutions Architect - AWS Big Data Developer
- McLean, VA
Who we are
Smartronix is a U.S. based, highly regarded information technology (IT) and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security, Systems Integration, Worldwide C5ISR and Data Analytics, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Maryland, Smartronix has more than 10 operating offices with approximately 800 employees at strategic locations worldwide. Across today's demanding and ever-changing technology and warfare landscapes, we continue to provide innovative, secure, and agile solutions that transform and modernize operations and contribute to our national security and well-being.
Who Are Our Employees?
Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Committed to ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction, Smartronix is structured around the programs and technologies we support to provide optimal and seamless operations. Due to our talented workforce, we have maintained a reputation for excellence, helping to assure the missions of our Department of Defense, Public Sector, Fortune 1000, and other Government and commercial customers.
Who we are looking for
A Big Data Solution Architect who will directly support and work as a hands-on technical contributor within the Solution Delivery Organization. They will solve complex data-centric problems by using analytical thinking and development tools. They will bring proven industry experience and creative thinking to the role. They will exploit both proven and new techniques - leveraging not only industry proven COTS solutions but cloud native capabilities to the full extent possible. #CJPOST
What to expect
This is a highly visible position, requiring a candidate to possibly interact directly with executive-level clients. The candidate will work in lock step with project management to navigate complex customer landscapes. They will be able to look across a variety of data sources to devise proven yet inventive ways of organizing, consolidating, and optimizing how the data is used and what it means.
They will not only bring the key skills of a Big Data and Development specialist, but also those of an analyst, architect, programmer, communicator, operations engineer and trusted adviser. They must be able and willing to collaborate as part of any project team - large or small. They must be receptive to feedback, willing to take on any task, and capable of clearly communicating with their customer's, management and other key stakeholders in both technical and high level terms.
- Looking for a senior big data engineer who can lead the migration of a critical legacy application to Cloudera Hadoop and AWS
- EXPERT LEVEL experience with Python Programming and PySpark
- STRONG hands-on experience with AWS technologies: Lambda, Step Functions, SQS, SNS, EMR
- STRONG hands-on and leadership experience with Big Data technologies: Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, MongoDB
- In-depth understanding of core AWS services and industry proven design patterns
- Experience with large enterprise applications
- Basic knowledge of database management systems
- Familiarity with continuous integration services and supporting tools- e.g.: CodePipeline, Jenkins
- Familiarity with AWS ElasticBeanstalk desired
- Proven ability to document, promote and present your work to other teams and to customers
- Willingness and ability to collaborate across internal practices and with other team members
- Ability to work within an organized and structured delivery-centric team
- Ability to translate customer requirements and needs into proven design patterns
- A passion for coding simple, clean and well-tested solutions
- 4 year degree
- 7-10 years' experience
- Looking for a senior big data engineer who can lead migrating a critical legacy application to Cloudera Hadoop and AWS.
- Position requires experience with AWS stack, specifically:
- Step function
- Position requires experience with Big Data Technologies, specifically:
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements Negligible
Clearance Level Required 02. Public Trust
US Citizenship Required Yes
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Back to top