Who we are
Smartronix is a U.S. based, highly regarded information technology (IT) and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security, Systems Integration, Worldwide C5ISR and Data Analytics, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Maryland, Smartronix has more than 10 operating offices with approximately 800 employees at strategic locations worldwide. Across today's demanding and ever-changing technology and warfare landscapes, we continue to provide innovative, secure, and agile solutions that transform and modernize operations and contribute to our national security and well-being.
Who Are Our Employees?
Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Committed to ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction, Smartronix is structured around the programs and technologies we support to provide optimal and seamless operations. Due to our talented workforce, we have maintained a reputation for excellence, helping to assure the missions of our Department of Defense, Public Sector, Fortune 1000, and other Government and commercial customers.
We are looking for a SIGINT Systems Engineer to support USMC SIGINT programs at Naval Information Warfare Command (NIWC) Atlantic in Charleston, SC.
The SIGINT Systems Engineer will be the lead architect designing, engineering, maintaining and supporting integration and testing for the Tactical Control and Analysis Center (TCAC) Remote Analysis Workstation (RAWS). The SIGINT Systems Engineer will have expertise using Department of Defense Acquisition technical management systems engineering processes and procedures. The SIGINT Systems Engineer will engage with technical teams on the program(s), determine priorities, scope additional work, collect and report status, review and make recommendations for changes, and ensure new configurations are integrated and managed program-wide. Presence is expected primarily at NIWC Charleston location with occasional travel in support of the program.
- Responsible for providing systems engineering requirements analysis and design to support integration of new hardware
- Perform the scientific, technical, and engineering functions needed to transfer a system operational and/or functional need into a system enhancement through design modification or new design of the systems hardware, including Prototype Development equipment
- Responsible for identifying alternative hardware solutions and conducting market research to identify new Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) equipment to replace obsolete components
- Identify hardware solutions available to meet emerging requirements for further evaluation by the Government
- Assist with the preparation of hardware requirement specifications, failure modes effects and criticality analysis, and hardware assessment reports
- Responsible for providing technical requirements support services to include development and management of requirements traceability, performance specification, system verification documentation and efforts associated with requirements analysis
- Responsible for developing Test and Evaluation (T&E) plans, as well as executing testing procedures in conjunction with NIWC Atlantic personnel to ensure that emerging solutions meet threshold requirements
- Conduct System Functional Testing to ensure that all Configuration Items (CI) are fully operational and functional
- Demonstrated industry and/or military experience with DCGS or SIGINT Systems
- Understanding of SIGINT technologies and tools
- DoD Cyber Security (CS), Information Awareness (IA) experience
- This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to effectively brief senior-level government stakeholders
- Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Some travel (~25%) may be required
- Twelve (12) years of hands-on experience with Signals Intelligence or Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) projects, to include three (3) of the following five (5) areas: System Requirements, Operational Requirements, Data Analysis, Test & Evaluation, and Training. Experience may be achieved simultaneously.
- Technical Training in Computer systems and hardware integration
- Experience with Department of Defense Acquisition technical management
- Experienced with Microsoft Office applications to include but not be limited to Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint and PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio
- Current and Active Secret Department of Defense clearance
Level of Education High School/Equivalent
Travel Requirements No Travel Required
Clearance Level Required 04. Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.