Who we are:
Smartronix is a U.S. based, highly regarded information technology (IT) and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security, Systems Integration, Worldwide C5ISR and Data Analytics, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Maryland, Smartronix has more than 10 operating offices with approximately 800 employees at strategic locations worldwide. Across today's demanding and ever-changing technology and warfare landscapes, we continue to provide innovative, secure, and agile solutions that transform and modernize operations and contribute to our national security and well-being.
Who Are Our Employees?
Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Committed to ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction, Smartronix is structured around the programs and technologies we support to provide optimal and seamless operations. Due to our talented workforce, we have maintained a reputation for excellence, helping to assure the missions of our Department of Defense, Public Sector, Fortune 1000, and other Government and commercial customers.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for SME level Messaging Systems Administrator. The position requires in-depth knowledge of Microsoft-based infrastructure design and development, messaging and directory services best-practices and advanced knowledge of systems administration, operations and management. The candidate should have expert level experience planning, documenting, installing, managing, monitoring, and troubleshooting high-availability Exchange Server 2013, and 2016 environments and will be expected to be able to comfortably configure aspects of the Microsoft Enterprise Exchange in support of a 265,000 user environment across multiple AD domains to provide messaging support.
The messaging environment consists of Microsoft Exchange mail services (Client Access, Hub Transport, and Mailbox server roles), Enterprise Blackberry services, NetApp backup and restore solutions, along with Unity Sync directory synchronization services. The underlying infrastructure consists of physical servers, VMware Virtualization and NetApp storage solutions.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Support the overall health of technologies associated with the Enterprise Messaging environment.
- Provide Microsoft Enterprise Exchange operational configuration management support.
- Provide troubleshooting, support, and assistance with the Cisco IronPort Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the management, maintenance, and problem resolution with inbound/outbound between external domains and USMC internal messaging organization.
- Resolve Tier III messaging tickets
- Provide guidance and instruction (to include written documentation) such as SOPs and inputs into the knowledge management system repository to the service desk and local support for handling standard Message related incidents and service requests.
- Provide documentation, guidance and instruction to the Tier I and Tier II service desk for handling standard Messaging related incidents, work orders and service requests.
- Monitor the health of Messaging systems with provided event management tools.
- Review and implement monitoring tools thresholds and conduct proactive event remediation.
- Ensure that any latency is identified and mitigated/remediated upon discovery in accordance with required response times.
- Monitor availability of system upgrades.
- Provide analysis and remediation for DISA Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG) for all responsible technologies in preparation for annual Commanders Cyber Readiness Inspections (CCRI).
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- 7 years related experience
- Professional series Certification (e.g. MCSE (AD or Exchange), MCITP (AD or Exchange))
- IAT III - (CISA, GCIH, GCED, CASP or CISSP (Associate))
- Experience with O365 (Preferred)
Level of Education High School/Equivalent
Travel Requirements No Travel Required
Clearance Level Required 05. Top Secret, 06. SCI
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.