Senior Systems Administrator - Mobility (Blackberry Enterprise Server)
- Stafford, VA
Who we are
Smartronix is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
Smartronix , is a Premier Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner and Google Cloud Platform Premier Partner. Today Smartronix serves Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, and government agencies and other regulated markets worldwide in the delivery of Cloud Services.
Who are our employees
At Smartronix it is all about our employees! Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Our employees support the full life cycle from client needs analysis, through design, build migration and go live. They are continually assessing emerging products and services that improve the business of the clients we serve.
Who we are looking for
As the Blackberry Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) Engineer you will provide technical implementation, engineering and Tier 3 support services for an extensive infrastructure that provides an enterprise, state-of-the-art Blackberry UEM environment. The Blackberry UEM Engineer will perform high level technical analysis, provide technical input to decision makers, and provide expert level systems engineering and management support regarding the Blackberry UEM product set. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience deploying and maintaining Blackberry UEM based solutions along with a strong background in Exchange 2013/2016 within a large, global infrastructure framework. The successful candidate will have the demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks and will have excellent written communication and customer service skills.
Candidate will have the skills and experience to perform the task listed:
- Operate, troubleshoot, and modernize the Exchange messaging and mobile device management services for the Government client.
- Must understand Microsoft and Blackberry best practice solutions in a production environment with enterprise security requirements in mind.
- Communicate and coordinate with system/network administrators, enterprise security, and government personnel.
- Install, configure, and maintain Blackberry UEM servers to include (but not limited to) operating system patches, software version updates, and DoD STIG application and validation efforts.
- Troubleshoot iPhone and Android device activation and configuration issues, developing SOPs and processes for delegation to local support.
- Create and modify application groups, policies, application configurations, and user groups within Blackberry UEM.
- Performs routine maintenance of Exchange 2016 and Exchange 2013 servers to include (but not limited to) operating system patches, software version updates, and DoD STIG application and validation.
- Troubleshoots connectivity problems with Outlook 2013/2016, webmail, and ActiveSync connections.
- Creates and manages SMTP relays on Exchange, as well as manages the SMTP gateways on the boundary.
- Troubleshoot Exchange 2016 issues with SMTP transport, client access, and database health.
- Perform daily operations and maintenance of an availability group-based Exchange environment to include capacity checks, logging, and overall system health.
- Recommend upgrade paths as applicable to include additional functionality rollouts.
- Proactively manages system to provide consistent service uptime for user base.
- Respond in support of after-hours outage resolution (shared with other Messaging admins).
- Blackberry UEM installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Exchange 2013/2016 experience
- Experience providing services in an ITIL environment
- Windows & Blackberry UEM Log file analysis
- 5+ yrs working with Microsoft Exchange
- 3+ yrs working with Blackberry UEM
- 7+ yrs supporting DoD enterprise environments
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- DoD 8580 IAT III or IAM III certification (CISA, GCIH, GCED, CASP, or CISSP (or Associate), GSLC, CISM)
- Professional level certification, i.e. MCITP, MCSE or BlackBerry System Integration Professional
- ITIL v3 (desired)
Travel Requirements No Travel Required
Clearance Level Required 05. Top Secret, 06. SCI
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Back to top