Who we are:
Smartronix is a U.S. based, highly regarded information technology (IT) and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security, Systems Integration, Worldwide C5ISR and Data Analytics, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Maryland, Smartronix has more than 10 operating offices with approximately 800 employees at strategic locations worldwide. Across today's demanding and ever-changing technology and warfare landscapes, we continue to provide innovative, secure, and agile solutions that transform and modernize operations and contribute to our national security and well-being.
Who Are Our Employees?
Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Committed to ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction, Smartronix is structured around the programs and technologies we support to provide optimal and seamless operations. Due to our talented workforce, we have maintained a reputation for excellence, helping to assure the missions of our Department of Defense, Public Sector, Fortune 1000, and other Government and commercial customers.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to provide Enterprise Event Management support to the Enterprise Service team for our Department of Defense (DoD) client's mission to provide enterprise network operations and computer network defense.
The successful candidate shall establish the Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) presence in each installation. The Senior Systems Administrator shall install Management Servers, Agents, reporting servers, and data warehouses where necessary and configure rules and alerts consistent with the support structure. The individual shall use his/her experience with Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) or SCCM, ISA/TMG Server, Active Directory, firewalls and other network management tools at the Tier III level to provide EDM Event Management Support. The Senior Systems Administrator shall use his/her expertise with Windows Server, Exchange, networking, PKI and SSL and support of the products for the Enterprise Service Management Support. The environment is VMware based and requires the candidate's knowledge of VMware to provide Event Management services. In addition the Senior Systems Administrator will also use system analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications.
Required Skills The Senior Systems Administrator shall provide the following Event Management services:
- Resolve all Event Management tickets and provide an Event Management Status Report on weekly basis for all Event Management incidents escalated from the Tier I organizations.
- Provide guidance and instruction to Tier I organizations for handling standard Event Management related incidents and service requests.
- Provide Event Management documentation to Tier I organizations on the procedures for completing the task.
- Submit and execute Event Management related Request for Change (RFC) tasks upon approval.
- Escalate Event Management tickets to Tier III and other sections.
- Maintain the overall health of technologies associated with Event Management.
- Monitor the health of Event Management Infrastructure with provided event management tools.
- Provide support for Event Management related technologies.
- Participate in a Change Review Board.
- Escalate issues to third party product vendors.
- Implement monitoring tool thresholds and conduct proactive event remediation.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Professional series Certification (e.g. MCITP, MS MOM, SCOM, SCCM. ISA/TMG Server)
- 7 Years related experience
- IAT III certification (CISA, GCIH, GCED, CASP, or CISSP (or Associate)
Level of Education High School/Equivalent
Travel Requirements No Travel Required
Clearance Level Required 05. Top Secret, 06. SCI
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.