Senior System Administrator- Cloud Integration
- Montgomery, AL
Who we are
Smartronix is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
Smartronix , is a Premier Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner and Google Cloud Platform Premier Partner. Today Smartronix serves Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, and government agencies and other regulated markets worldwide in the delivery of Cloud Services.
Who are our employees
At Smartronix it is all about our employees! Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Our employees support the full life cycle from client needs analysis, through design, build migration and go live. They are continually assessing emerging products and services that improve the business of the clients we serve.
Who we are looking for
Integrated Computer Solutions is seeking a Senior Cloud Integration Engineer (Platform)to support the IT Lifecycle Center's efforts to transition enterprise Air Force applications to AWS, Azure and other commercial cloud providers. The successful candidate will have experience with provisioning and configuring one or more of the following:
- Virtual operating environments (VOEs)
- Operating systems (RHEL, Windows) which are Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) compliant
- Application stacks (including but not limited to Jboss, Tomcat, PHP, Python, Ruby, Node.js, Vert.x, Perl, Jenkins), and
- Database services (one or more of the following databases in descending order of number of active instances: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, DB2 and Postgres)
- Candidate will be responsible for implementing these functions within virtual PaaS environment built on VMWare. This role performs as part of the integrated support team consisting of Network Engineering, Platform Integration, Services Integration, and Database support.
- Providing support to USAF customers desiring to migrate their development, test, pre-production and production environments from legacy Capabilities Integration Environment (CIE) and DISA Production environments to AWS, Azure and other commercial cloud providers
- Operations and maintenance of current pre-production (development, test, and preproduction staging environments) and production systems in unclassified and classified environments;
- Apply application level updates to any affected system (monthly maintenance);
- Monitor systems - remediate run-time issues, assure security posture of production system;
- Define, maintain, and implement operational processes germane to the application system and relevant environments;
- Provide support to assist those programs and projects relying on commercial cloud provider services to integrate those services into their native IT processes and existing tools;
- Provide operational support to Application Developers in support of isolating or determining reported problems;
- Provide guidance/recommendations to the PMO and Configuration Control Board (CCB) on readiness to deploy changes to various operating environments that can impact schedule or performance;
- Serve as both as a CCB member and CCB Secretariat roles; and
- Perform as a stakeholder with engineering design, development, and integration for customer application environments.
- Provide all operating environment administration and management support for the operations of the production AWS and Azure virtual data center (VDC) environments services hosted on NIPRNet
- Analyzes complex engineering change proposals to determine the effect on the overall system.
- Ensures configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness, proper authorizations, and system updates.
- Performs various audits and documents results.
- Develops configuration and data management documentation based on program requirements.
- Participates in design reviews, audits, scheduling, budgeting, etc.
- Identifies requirements and coordinates the development and implementation of computer based configuration/data management systems and related support.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Skilled in creating presentations and process flows using MS PowerPoint and MS Visio.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and interact with different teams across the project
- Experience working in UNIX environment and using UNIX commands, Shell programming experience.
- Hands-on experience in provisioning/upgrading/migrating VMWare/vCloud environments
- Experience writing/maintaining build scripts and creating builds for operating environments.
- Experience creating reports.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Possess a current Security + Certification
- OS Certification will be required through self-study within six (6) months of employment.
- Secret Clearance
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements Negligible
Clearance Level Required 04. Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Back to top