Who we are:
Smartronix is a U.S. based, highly regarded information technology (IT) and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security, Systems Integration, Worldwide C5ISR and Data Analytics, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Maryland, Smartronix has more than 10 operating offices with approximately 800 employees at strategic locations worldwide. Across today's demanding and ever-changing technology and warfare landscapes, we continue to provide innovative, secure, and agile solutions that transform and modernize operations and contribute to our national security and well-being.
Who Are Our Employees?
Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Committed to ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction, Smartronix is structured around the programs and technologies we support to provide optimal and seamless operations. Due to our talented workforce, we have maintained a reputation for excellence, helping to assure the missions of our Department of Defense, Public Sector, Fortune 1000, and other Government and commercial customers.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Network Administrator to serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all core network systems, serving as Tier III echelon support for network IA devices to all units within a global enterprise network and provides escalated technical support to Tier II technicians. In conjunction with other integrated teams, Tier III also provides planning for enterprise IA boundaries for the installation and configuration of all IA network devices located throughout the enterprise, acting as a two-way conduit by consulting with and providing technical guidance to other client sections regarding the testing, planning, and implementation of new network IA devices, as well as facilitating the transition of new capabilities to operations when appropriate. Tier III SME's also assist with the review of external or development of internal policies and plans related to enterprise operations in order to ensure standardization and compliance with NetOps requirements throughout the organization.
The candidate will be expected to attend weekly Tier III section meetings with client staff to provide verbal and written updates related to Tier III tasks; problems they have encountered in the past week; and plans for the coming week task completion. The Contractor shall document these Tier III issues and plans in a Tier III Weekly Status Report. #cjpost
WAN Optimization - Riverbed Steelhead, F5 Load Balancers
Firewall - ACME Packet; Cisco ASA; FortiNet FortiGate; McAfee Sidewinder; Juniper NetScreen, ISG, SSG
DNS - Red Hat Enterprise Linux, RHEL Syslog
Router - Cisco, Juniper, Brocade
Switch - Juniper, Cisco, Ericson, ForeSystems, Brocade
Web Content Filtering - BlueCoat
WAN Optimization - Riverbed Steelhead
Required Skills The successful candidate will be required to have the experience and skills to complete the below tasks:
- Operate and maintain the network management and information architecture.
- Migrate users from the legacy networks.
- Maintain systems on-site in accordance with the original equipment manufacturers (OEM) recommended engineering and maintenance practices.
- Perform preventive maintenance, during non-core hours on the system including scheduled preventive maintenance such as periodic tests, inspections, and all other preventive maintenance services/practices recommended by the OEM and as specified SOPs.
- Perform maintenance after notification that equipment is inoperative and or malfunctioning.
- Provide service personnel trained and certified by the respective OEMs sufficient to ensure system performance and compliance with the maintenance requirements.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained in accordance with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) guidelines, SOPs.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Professional series Certification (e.g. RHCE, CCIE, JNCIE, CCNP, Fortinet NSE 5)
- 7 Years related experience
- IAT III, IAM III, IASAE II, and CND-IS Compliance (CISSP/Associate and CEH or SSCP)
Level of Education High School/Equivalent
Travel Requirements Negligible
Clearance Level Required 05. Top Secret, 06. SCI
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.