Senior Financial Analyst
- California, MD
Who We Are
Smartronix, Inc., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Smartronix Inc., a Premier Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner and Gold Microsoft partner. Today Smartronix serves Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, and government agencies and other regulated markets worldwide in delivery of Cloud Services.
Who Are Our Employees?
At Smartronix, Inc., it is all about our employees! Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Our employees support the full life cycle from client needs analysis, through design, build migration and go live. They are continually assessing emerging products and services that improve the business of the clients we serve.
Who We Are Looking For
The Sr Financial Analyst demonstrates deep expertise in contract financial management. They lead and administer overall budget preparation/estimating and tracking expenditures against large complex contracts and or programs. They are key members of the program management team and works directly with the Program Manager in defining the Contracts goals and objectives; and leads recommended actions to improve financial progress and performance. They have significant interface with the Program Manager, senior technical staff on the contract, as well as other functional organizations including Contracts, Subcontracts, Finance, Accounts Receivable, and Procurement. They will interface, provide direct analysis and or lead financial discussions with external clients such as the Contracting Officer and the Contracting Officer Representative. They oversee and manage work assignments of a team of Financial Analyst(s). They will serve as career manager for direct reports.
What To Expect
- Lead the financial management of a large contract or multiple complex TDL(s) by providing cost, schedule and funding planning, reporting, monitoring and analysis support to the Program Manager. This includes developing Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Basis of Estimates (BOEs) and development of time-phased budgets and schedules.
- Lead contract set up in compliance with contractual terms, conditions and requirements.
- Prepare overall Contract financial Estimates at Complete (EAC) and meet deadlines for submission requirements.
- Identify Contract risks, profit improvement opportunities and analytical analysis in working resolution with PM, Contracts, Procurement and Finance/Accounting.
- Review and assess all contract modifications. Advise the program management team of impacts as necessary.
- Monitor overall costs and manpower ensuring that actuals are within CLIN ceiling, CLIN budget and charged correctly.
- Perform analytical review and arithmetic checks of contract level cost reporting documentation.
- Prepare accurate and complete contract variance analysis and reporting.
- Lead the development of Internal Program Review (IPR) presentations for management.
- Prepare financial Contract Data Requirements (CDRL) for programs. Ensure contractual requirements are met and customer financial deliverables are accurate and on time.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis on the contract as requested by PMO and others.
- Monitor funding status, providing reliable and timely notification of funding status by line item detail as required.
- Support accounts receivable as required during the billing processing. Monitor billing status and unbilled issues, working with Finance, Contracts, Accounting and PMO to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Prepare subcontractor and vendor accruals as services/goods are received in accordance with GAAP and internal policies to ensure that the project's cost/commitment is accurately captured and reported internally and externally.
- Ensure program revenue and profit is recorded in compliance with the EAC.
- Analyze profit risks and opportunities and advise management on the optimal path forward.
- Ensure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley, FAR and all company policies and procedures as they related to contract performance and financials.
- May serve as a career manager for direct reports. If serving as a career manager tasking may include time sheet approval/review, providing candid feedback concerning performance, preparing annual assessment(s), and growing and developing skillset of their staff.
- Ability to collect and analyze data from multiple sources and identify, research and solve financial problems and program risks.
- Ability to manage work and those of junior staff. Prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment and handle a high volume of work.
- Ability to build relationships across functional teams and internal Business Partners.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possession of excellent data management, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Possession excellent organizational skills.
Required Experience What You Need To Succeed
- 10 years' experience with project cost control, or financial management and contract interpretation, budget development, including financial data, analysis, and reconciliation of estimations verses actuals.
- Knowledge of all contract types and execution methods.
- Experience and Knowledge with Joint Travel Regulations (JTR) rules and guidelines.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint.
- Clearable, if required based on contractual requirement
- BA or BS Degree is desired.
Smartronix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. M/F/V/D
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements No Travel Required
Clearance Level Required 04. Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Back to top