Senior Cloud Software Engineer
- Montgomery, AL
Who we are
Smartronix is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
Smartronix LLC., a Premier Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner and Google Cloud Platform Premier Partner. Today Smartronix serves Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, and government agencies and other regulated markets worldwide in the delivery of Cloud Services.
Who are our employees
At Smartronix it is all about our employees! Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Our employees support the full life cycle from client needs analysis, through design, build migration and go live. They are continually assessing emerging products and services that improve the business of the clients we serve.
Who we are looking for
Support the IT Lifecycle Center's efforts to transition enterprise Air Force applications to approved DoD Cloud Environments (e.g. CCE, MilCloud). The successful candidate will have experience administering, operating and supporting applications and systems migrating to the cloud environment. PaaS environment built on VMWare and commercial/military cloud offerings. Providing support to USAF customers desiring to migrate their development, test, pre-production and production software and system environments from legacy Capabilities Integration Environment (CIE) and DISA Production environments to approved DoD Cloud Services.
- Operations and maintenance of current pre-production (development, test, and preproduction staging environments) and production systems in unclassified and classified environments.
- Participate in regular design, architecture and engineering discussions including code reviews
- Apply application-level updates to any affected system in support of vulnerability management program
- Monitor systems - remediate run-time issues, assure security posture of production system.
- Define, maintain, and implement operational processes germane to the application system and relevant environments.
- Provide support to assist those programs and projects relying on DoD approved Cloud services to integrate into their native IT processes and existing tools.
- Provide operational application support to Application Developers in support of isolating or determining reported problems.
- Provide guidance/recommendations to the PMO and Configuration Control Board (CCB) on readiness to deploy changes to various operating environments that can impact schedule or performance.
- Perform as a stakeholder with engineering design, development, and integration for customer application environments.
- Analyzes complex engineering change proposals to determine the effect on the overall system.
- Ensures configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness, proper authorizations, and system updates.
- Participates in special projects as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and interact with different teams across the project.
- Strong understanding of network technologies (DNS, NFS, LDAP, ...)
- Knowledge of virtualization environments such as vSphere, OpenStack, EC2, KVM
- Knowledge of distributed version control systems (git)
- Flexibility and adaptability for working in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities and goals
- Understanding of cloud technologies (AWS and Azure, IL2/4/5/6)
- Understanding of guidance (FedRAMP, NIST, FIPS, DoD, SCCA, SRG
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements Negligible
Clearance Level Required 04. Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Back to top