Senior Acquisition Specialist
- United States
The Sr. Acquisition Specialist shall lead a number of simultaneous acquisition efforts for the organization. A broad range of program management and acquisition experience is required to support the project management team in acquiring complex systems and services for varying periods of time and under stringent response constraints. The Sr. Acquisition Specialist must be able to accommodate unexpected surge in task requirements. May serve in a management role.
- Acquisition Planning and Strategy: Conduct research on strategies employed by similar acquisitions across other Federal Government agencies and industry, hold facilitated sessions with subcontracting, technical, and other subject matter experts, tailor the acquisition approach, and develop planning documents. Develop acquisition timelines and viable execution path to meet stakeholder needs. Provide recommendations on acquisition strategies, source selection approaches, and expertise on contracts management principles and tools.
- Market Research: Plan and conduct market research, as needed, which can include independent research, market surveys/questionnaires, Requests for Information, and Sources Sought; Analyze responses from industry vendors and compile market research reports.
- Acquisition documentation and process support: Utilizing input from technical/project SMEs develop Independent Cost Estimates, Single/Sole Source Justifications, Source Selection Plans, Make or Buy Analysis and more; Coordinate/facilitate collection of documentation required for funding requests; Coordinate/facilitate collection of documentation required for Acquisition Approval Requests; Develop based on inputs from technical/project SMEs Statement of Works, Statement of Objectives, Performance Work Statements and other acquisition related artifacts, Quality Assurance Surveillance Plans, Request for Information, evaluation procedures, technical evaluation factors/criteria, and extensive knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Evaluation support: Support the proposal evaluation process as required. Acquisition management support: Support tracking of current and planned acquisitions using timelines and other means to be determined.
- Generating, modifying, and maintaining data bases for data items, meetings, and other functions relative to the support of a successful subcontract administration activity, including but not limited to the following:
- Subcontracting Actions: Reviewing and tracking subcontracting actions, developing/maintaining subcontracting action tracking system
- Procurement Requests: Reviewing and coordinating subcontract and purchasing requests, generating subcontract and purchasing requires as required, developing/maintaining a subcontracting and purchasing request tracking system
- Development of Project/Program Managers: Identify opportunities to improve project/program and acquisition management performance through training preparation and delivery. Support the mentoring of project/program management professionals.
- Support the Director of Program Manager Development by participating and/or leading various initiatives to drive collaboration, education and performance across the organization's business units. Support the identification, evaluation and delivery of specific project/acquisition management tools whether they be organic or inorganic.
- Must have a positive attitude and be professional.
- Must be a team player who demonstrates patience, and flexibility.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter, who is able to plan and manage his/her own work, takes initiative and strives to meet defined expectations
- Must be able to work in multi-functional, fast pace, high volume environment and manage competing stakeholder requirements.
- Ability to conduct research and present data in a succinct and well-written manner.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Team oriented, and ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles
- Demonstrated ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and judgment in working with all levels of staff
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve concerns in a timely manner
- Must be able to lead, prioritize, and collaborate on research, data gathering, problem solving, data analysis and interpretation, and process and issue tasks
- Demonstrated experience with the following:
- Conducting market research
- Performing Make or Buy Analysis
- Writing single/sole source justifications
- Managing projects of varying size, scope and complexity
- Working with technical personnel/requirements to establish detailed technical evaluation criteria
- Supporting the creation of Statements of Work
- Developing procurement strategy
- Delivery methods
- Contract payment types
- Establishing procurement phases (as required)
- Identification and response to acquisition related risk
- Drafting Request for Information (RFI)
- Developing independent cost estimates
Level of Education Masters Degree
Travel Requirements Up to 25%
Clearance Level Required 01. None
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Human Resources
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Back to top