Who is Smartronix?
Smartronix is a U.S. based, highly regarded information technology (IT) and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Worldwide C5ISR, and Mission-Focused Engineering and Systems Integration. Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Maryland, Smartronix has more than 10 operating offices with approximately 800 employees at strategic locations worldwide. Across today's demanding and ever-changing technology and warfare landscapes, we continue to provide innovative, secure, and agile solutions that transform and modernize operations and contribute to our national security and well-being.
Who Are Our Employees?
Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components of the company's ever-growing success. Committed to ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction, Smartronix is structured around the programs and technologies we support to provide optimal and seamless operations. Due to our talented workforce, we have maintained a reputation for excellence, helping to assure the missions of our Department of Defense, Public Sector, Fortune 1000, and other Government and commercial customers.
The Program Manager will act as the overall lead, manager and administrator for the contracted effort and will serve as the primary interface and point of contact with Government program authorities on technical and program/project issues. The PM oversees contractor execution of the contract requirements and manages acquisition and employment of program/project resources for the Smartronix team as well as subcontractors.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following:
- Lead and direct technical and administrative project team activities
- Manage changes to scope, cost and schedule of project work
- Allocate appropriate resources to ensure program activities are completed within given time, budget and scope
- Utilizes corporate QMS processes to track project/program schedule and cost
- Coordinates priorities and resources between multiple projects
- Prepare and update project plans and status reports
- Coordinate cross-functional meetings of personnel related to the project
- Report status, develop project/program related documentation, and implement lessons learned
- Participate in project performance review meetings and discussions
- Participate in corporate business development activities
- Update and maintain production and quality metrics for assigned projects.
- Provide support to the Contract Manager for operational direction and oversight
- Conduct operational planning, execution and evaluation of a multi-faceted program that requires collaboration with customers to identify new project opportunities
- Ensure all contract deliverables are accounted for and delivered on time as stated within the Statement of Work (SOW)
- Ensure that contract service, quality, and performance requirements are met and compliance with standard operating procedures (SOP) are maintained
- Advise the Contract Manager of any contractual issues that may result in Contracting Office action and of any anticipated or proposed adverse personnel actions
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Government's program managers, Contracting Officers (CO), CO Representatives (COR), and Alternate CORs in support of the Program
- Work cooperatively with the Contract Manager in developing short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures in accordance with contract parameters
- Manage staff work schedules, including planned and unplanned absences and surge work projections
- Develop and manage project schedules
- Works with staff to problem-solve and facilitate issues and situations
- Provide oversight of hiring process to assure compliance with contract requirements and adherence to HR policies that are in line with both state and federal labor laws
- Ensure that contract staff receive required training in coordination with Human Resources
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Manage subordinate supervisors who supervise other employees both onsite as well as other geographic locations
- Maintain responsibility for the overall health of the contract to include budget, schedule and scope
- Execute supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Participate as needed in interviewing, hiring, and training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues
- Demonstrable success in government contracting through prior work experience in a customer-facing role. DoD experience required.
- Ability to influence and focus on process improvement.
- Prior budget execution and management experience.
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills.
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs and other relevant technology applications.
- Minimum of 10 years' of relevant experience to include prior support of DoD programs is required.
- A Master's Degree in Business, Engineering or a relevant technical field is required. A Bachelor's Degree and 4 additional years of experience may be substituted for a Master's Degree.
- Proven track record of driving major projects, managing multiple priorities simultaneously, setting timelines, holding people accountable and delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
- Experience working with tight deadlines and handling escalations.
- PMP certification or DAWIA Program Management Level III certification required.
Level of Education Masters Degree
Travel Requirements No Travel Required
Clearance Level Required 05. Top Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Project/Program Management
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.