Network Specialist (AV/VTC and Network SME)
- Stuttgart, Germany
Who we are:
Smartronix is a U.S. based, highly regarded information technology (IT) and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security, Systems Integration, Worldwide C5ISR and Data Analytics, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Maryland, Smartronix has more than 10 operating offices with approximately 800 employees at strategic locations worldwide. Across today's demanding and ever-changing technology and warfare landscapes, we continue to provide innovative, secure, and agile solutions that transform and modernize operations and contribute to our national security and well-being.
Who Are Our Employees?
Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Committed to ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction, Smartronix is structured around the programs and technologies we support to provide optimal and seamless operations. Due to our talented workforce, we have maintained a reputation for excellence, helping to assure the missions of our Department of Defense, Public Sector, Fortune 1000, and other Government and commercial customers.
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking a Network Specialist with the ability to support Crestron, AMX, BIAMP, EXTRON, and CISCO systems that include basic administration, provision of resources, design and Engineering, installation/integration, and operation of these Video Tele-Conferencing (VTC) and networking systems. This individual must also have a working knowledge of both tactical military and commercial radio systems.
The Network Specialist will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Integrate, install, maintain, support and repair digital video conferencing systems integration solutions based on schematic layouts and building plans
- Execute full integrations, de-installs, digital upgrades, and customer education
- Provide technical support for Crestron and AMX control systems, audio video matrix configurations, Polycom and Cisco/Tandberg codec's, and other various A/V hardware & software both on-site and phone
- Assemble Local Area Network and Wide Area Network (LAN + WAN) communications
- Maintain secure and non-secure network operations on all levels to include TACLANEs, routers, servers, and switches
- Mentor and train entry-level technicians
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to interpret and update schematic drawings using both Visio and WireCAD
- Ability to work with individually and with a team of Engineers and AV/VTC Technicians
- Must currently possess an active DoD Clearance at a minimum of a Secret level and be eligible/able to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Experience with complete integration of digital audiovisual systems, from equipment rack fabrication, full in-house testing, on-site installation, customer training, and post install phone support
- Experience with Polycom, Cisco/Tandberg, CRESTRON/AMX Audio DSP and various other hardware and software.
- Experience with MS Office, Visio, AutoCAD, or other graphical design software
- Experience in IP infrastructure devices and cabling
- Experience with administration of Cisco Switches and Routers as well as adjusting rules in the ASA Firewalls as needed
Required Experience Associate's Degree in a technical discipline field and four years of progressive experience in telecommunications and related C-E systems (AV systems) technologies, analysis, design, research, development, test and evaluation, or logistics support
High School diploma or equivalent and six years of progressive experience in telecommunications and related C-E systems (AV systems) technologies, analysis, design, research, development, test and evaluation, or logistics support
Level of Education 2 Year Degree
Travel Requirements Up to 25%
Clearance Level Required 04. Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Back to top