Who we are:
Smartronix is a U.S. based, highly regarded information technology (IT) and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security, Systems Integration, Worldwide C5ISR and Data Analytics, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Maryland, Smartronix has more than 10 operating offices with approximately 800 employees at strategic locations worldwide. Across today's demanding and ever-changing technology and warfare landscapes, we continue to provide innovative, secure, and agile solutions that transform and modernize operations and contribute to our national security and well-being.
Who Are Our Employees?
Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Committed to ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction, Smartronix is structured around the programs and technologies we support to provide optimal and seamless operations. Due to our talented workforce, we have maintained a reputation for excellence, helping to assure the missions of our Department of Defense, Public Sector, Fortune 1000, and other Government and commercial customers.
Who we are looking for:
The IA Analyst will provide information assurance to Department of Defense (DoD) networks and communication systems. The IA analyst will support UNIX/Linux operating systems through vulnerability detection, provision of resources, and maintenance of OS patches and releases for platform applications such as (but not limited to) Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7, Solaris 11, and Solaris 10. The analyst will conduct and assist with the performance of security risk assessments of systems and equipment using DISA security technical implementation guidance (STIG), perform monthly vulnerability assessments using automated system configurations tools, and assist with the completion of technical scans on technologies such as RHEL 7 and Solaris 11 database and application servers. The analyst will create technical documentation, network diagrams, inventory control documentation, security documentation, and RMF artifacts to support the accreditation process initiatives.
The IA analysts responsibilities will include:
- Monitor NHDSM ticketing system
- Vulnerability scanning and remediation
- Complete STIG Checklists using scripting and automation
- Attend collaboration meetings to address STIG/SCAP discrepancies
- Run required ACAS reports
- ACAS scanning
- Detail-oriented and able to work multiple assignments autonomously and in a team setting
- Proficient with clear and concise verbal and written communication
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX operating systems such as RHEL 7 and Solaris 11
- Knowledge of NIST guidelines
- RMF knowledge is desired
- Knowledge of DoD Information Assurance practices, including Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG)
- Must be able to interact with peers, management, and senior engineers in a constantly evolving environment to ensure a positive customer experience and atmosphere in the workplace
- 1-3 years of UNIX/Linux System Administration experience
- Experience with vulnerability assessment and remediation is desired
- Experience with ACAS Security Center is desired
- Experience in DoD Information Assurance/Cyber policy and procedures to include hardening of systems, implementing Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and scanning
- DoD 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2) (Examples of minimum acceptable certifications: CCNA Security, CySA+, G SEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
Level of Education High School/Equivalent
Travel Requirements Negligible
Clearance Level Required 04. Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.