- Reston, VA
Who we are
Smartronix is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
Smartronix is a Premier Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner and Google Cloud Platform Premier Partner. Today Smartronix serves Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, and government agencies and other regulated markets worldwide in the delivery of Cloud Services.
Who are our employees
At Smartronix employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Our employees support the full life cycle from client needs analysis, through design, build migration and go live. They are continually assessing emerging products and services that improve the business of the clients we serve.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a DevSecOps Engineer to join our team in the Reston, VA area. This position requires a DoD TS/SCI Clearance. Primary duties include performing systems administration, maintenance, and engineering of multiple enterprise cloud-based server environments. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who demonstrates excellent communication and problem-solving skills with a strong drive for innovation. The position supports the development and implementation of an application for one of our DOD/Intel customers which will enable them to find new ways to discover, understand, and visualize information. This position entails developing, implementing, and managing the CI/CD pipeline for this application-which will become the benchmark for other application deployments. Candidate must be able to work with the development team to deliver this high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade application. The candidate will be responsible for application deployment, security, maintenance, testing, and automation of these and other activities. Additionally, the candidate will collaborate directly with customers to ensure products meet the IC operational requirements.
- Use of source code management tools, build management tools
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services such as EC2, S3, SQS, RDS, Cloud Formation templates
- Technical understanding of cloud and virtualization-based development, test, evaluation, and production environments
- Exposure to security maintenance of pipeline systems and applications
- CI/CD pipeline development, management and deployment
- Application and code troubleshooting in Agile, DevOps environments and associated Epic, Sprint and SCRUM activities
- Ability to document and demonstrate solutions with technical artifacts, diagrams, charts, and clean code (including compliant code commenting and secure coding principles
- Adaptive to different technology interfaces and frameworks
- 2+ years working in a Linux environment
- Have a current Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
- A Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field, and 5+ years of equivalent work experience
- Experience building and deploying CI/CD pipelines; experience preferred in automation for test/regression activities and resulting integration into target production environments
- Preparation of documentation, including both program-level and user level documentation
- Experience with quality and vulnerability test automation tools
- Experienced writing toml/yaml configurations
- Experience with GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, Fortify, Arachni, Threadfix is ideal
- Configuration Management (CM), Version Management (VM) and Release Management (RM) experience
- AWS Certification
- Security+, CISSP, or other related certification
- Working familiarity with PostgreSQL, Docker, Git, and NodeJS
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements Up to 25%
Clearance Level Required 05. Top Secret, 06. SCI
US Citizenship Required Yes
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Back to top