- Herndon, VA
Who we are
Smartronix, LLC., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
Smartronix LLC., a Premier Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner and Google Cloud Platform Premier Partner. Today Smartronix serves Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, and government agencies and other regulated markets worldwide in the delivery of Cloud Services.
Who are our employees
At Smartronix, LLC., it is all about our employees! Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Our employees support the full life cycle from client needs analysis, through design, build migration and go live. They are continually assessing emerging products and services that improve the business of the clients we serve.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a driven and talented Cloud Engineer, with a DevOps or development background, to join our thriving Cloud Services business unit and work with some of the best Cloud Architects and Cloud Engineers in the market. This individual will bring a passion for technology, a strong technical skill set, and proven experience in the DevOps or development space. #CJPOST
What to expect
- Be a positive force within the team
- Be ready to roll up your sleeves
- Work effectively within a delivery-centric professional services organization
- Support execution activities relating to the automation, optimization, or remediation of managed services bugs/issues/enhancements
- Contribute to technical discussions
- Focus on cloud-native services and optimizing the customer landscape through adoption of these services
- Define and engineer solution capabilities that satisfy customer business drivers / requirements and meet service delivery objectives
- Produce Infrastructure as Code artifacts
- Build and use CI/CD pipelines
- Take on serverless or container-based solution development
- Produce high-quality, well-written technical documentation, including usage instructions, diagrams, procedures, etc.
- Take ownership of solutions, assignments, actions items and issues, and remain accountable for their completion
- Work effectively with other team members, customers and key stakeholders and foster team success
- Provide transparent and regular status updates in requested format
- Be willing to learn, collaborate, contribute and improve
- Achieve and maintain AWS or other cloud certification levels
- A "sure can!" attitude
- A degree in a technical discipline
- 3+ years of experience in a role that encompasses both software development and systems engineering
- Ability to dissect a technical architectures into engineering plans and development tasks
- Ability to develop and deploy Production-ready AWS solutions through Infrastructure as Code
- Experience writing Terraform and AWS CloudFormation templates
- Experience developing DevOps solutions from scratch using tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, Packer, AWS Code* and related products
- Ability to build code pipelines and support deployment activities
- A good understanding of foundational cloud components (e.g.: VPN, Direct Connect, IAM, CloudWatch, "cross account" capabilities)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytic, organization, presentation, customer service and facilitation skills
- Experience working across multiple vendors or directly with customer teams in support of common goals
- Hands-on experience writing and deploying AWS Lambda functions
- Experience writing or modifying Terraform templates
- Basic knowledge of containers and related services
- Basic knowledge of serverless architecture patterns (or AWS Serverless Application Model) and their components
Check out the Smartronix Cloud Assured™ website for more information on our end to end cloud solutions & capabilities:
Smartronix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Level of Education 2 Year Degree
Travel Requirements Negligible
Clearance Level Required 04. Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Back to top