Skift, the largest travel industry media company is looking for a full-time Office Manager and Executive Assistant based in New York City.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is proactive and works well independently. You will touch nearly every aspect of our company and be responsible for, or assist with, keeping our office running smoothly, assisting our executive staff, light project management, as well as some recruiting for the company.
You are proficient in all Google and Microsoft applications. You also have a creative side.
Office Manager Duties include:
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies, and other duties that keep the office running smoothly.
- Coordinating with outside vendors for Facilities Maintenance - Pest Control, Cleaning Service, Phone/Internet Providers, etc.
- Liaise with building super and management regarding office space, including driving urgent resolutions to building-related issues that arise.
- Recruiting coordination; posting recruitment ads; maintaining Applicant Tracking System (Hire by Google); coordinating screenings and interviews; managing Skift’s career page on The Muse
- Onboarding new employees by arranging Welcome Package, workstation and ensuring proper accounts are administered for first day.
- Create and uphold employee wellness and cultural events throughout the year with approval of management team.
- Plan team outings, including happy hours, meals, holiday party, anniversary/birthday celebrations and other in office and out-of-office events.
- Assist Finance in monthly credit card reconciliation by collecting and filing receipts in a timely manner.
Executive Assistant Duties include:
- Manage the calendars of the CEO and President.
- Book and/or maintain travel arrangements for the CEO and President
- Submit regular expense reports for the CEO and President
- Provide administrative and business support to the executive management team as needed.
The best candidate will have most of the following skills:
- 3-5 years experience in office or management, preferably at a startup.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- G-Suite and Microsoft Office experience REQUIRED.
- Calendar Management Experience - Huge Plus
- High energy, low maintenance attitude.
- An extremely productive, efficient, and organized individual.
- An ability to juggle multiple assignments without details falling through the cracks.
- A confident self-starter who takes initiative, but knows when to ask for help.
- A person who has a good outlook on life and a great sense of humor.
NOTE: Skift is an Equal Opportunity Employer which hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. OUR GOAL FOR OUR TEAM AND CULTURE IS TO REFLECT THE DIVERSITY OF THE GLOBE OF TRAVELERS.
Back to top