We’re looking for a Principal Software Engineer to be part of the engineering team at ServiceTitan. You must have a strong background in responsive web application development and experience in optimizing complex algorithmic problems.
We make a huge impact on thousands of companies in U.S. and abroad by enabling them to be way more efficient. Many of features we offer — in particular, Machine Learning and AI-driven scheduling and dispatch automation — are light-years ahead of what currently exists on the market, and we love to hold this position. We build for perfection, use the most modern tools on .NET platform, have an amazing culture, love to solve complex problems, and don't fear to experiment. If you share the same values, you might find yourself in perfect company!
As our Principal Software Engineer, SmartDispatch, you will:
- Architect, design, implement, and optimize approximate solutions for NP hard problems and back end features
- Research scientific articles for solving NP hard problems
- Working on requirements and documentation
- Communicate effectively with other engineers
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or a related technical field
- 8+ years of industry experience
- 6+ years of experience on senior engineering roles (designing APIs, abstractions, and tools used by other engineers)
- Expert-level knowledge of:
- Algorithms and complex data structures (including but not limited to A*, max flows, round hashing, BST, Trie)
- Microsoft .NET technology stack (C# / .NET, Web APIs) and SQL databases (Microsoft SQL Server or any other)
- Performance / reliability monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic, DataDog, Application Insights)
- Git, unit testing, debugging, profiling, performance monitoring
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
Desired but not required
- 1+ years of experience on designing algorithms for NP hard problems
- Experience with PowerShell / Windows scripting
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Log / metric collection and analysis tools (e.g. Elasticsearch-Logstash-Kibana, DataDog, Interana)
ServiceTitan is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for the trades, a trillion-dollar global industry. We help small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Perks & Benefits
1. Work/Life Balance: flexible work schedule, flexible PTO
2. Family-Friendly Benefits: extended parental leave, pregnancy support, 20k in adoption reimbursement, Snoo Smart Sleeper, back-up childcare credits, legal benefit, discounted pet insurance
3. Enrichment: ongoing learning culture with access to Linkedin Learning and professional development workshops, diversity charter groups, orientation program, career pathing opportunities, mentorship programs
4. Health & Wellness: company-paid medical/vision/dental/life insurance/disability, employer HSA contribution, free One Medical membership, care coordination support, 401(k) with company match, stipend for home office equipment/supplies, gym discounts, monthly cell phone stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer
ServiceTitan does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. At ServiceTitan, our mission is to help our Titans and customers achieve the extraordinary. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate the diversity that each Titan brings to the table. We believe that the convergence of fresh, unique perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great - and there's always room for more.
CCPA Notice for CA Residents applying to Jobs at ServiceTitan
Please review the CCPA Notice here: ServiceTitan CCPA California Privacy Notice
Life at ServiceTitan