We’re looking for someone to lead all technical aspects of an engineering team at ServiceTitan. You must have a strong background in responsive web application development, building distributed systems for scale, and a proven ability to deliver technical leadership and strong process management.
We make a huge impact on thousands of companies in the U.S. and abroad by enabling them to be more efficient and effective at running their business. Many of the features we offer — in particular, Machine Learning and AI-driven scheduling and dispatch automation — are light-years ahead of what currently exists on the market, and we love to hold this position. We are quality minded, use the most modern tools on .NET platform, have an amazing culture, love to solve complex problems, and embrace learning, exploration and growth.. If you share the same values, we’d like to talk to you!
As our Principal Engineer you will:
- Own: Own from end to end the short and long term technical vision of your team
- Design & Revamp: Design, implement and improve critical systems and components powering ServiceTitan stack; improve the security, availability, reliability, and performance of our products; drive/participate in all major architectural and strategic decisions especially those relating to scale
- Improve Efficiency: Build tools to increase efficiency of all our engineers; improve performance, processes, and quality across the whole engineering team
- Discover: Identify opportunities to extract or develop systems beneficial for multiple teams
- Empower: Mentor and guide Engineers across engineering as a whole
- 60% development / 40% working on everything else
- Teambuilding: Work closely with Recruiting — in particular, interview candidates and co-own activities related to lead generation (e.g. tech talks) and screening (HackerRank tests)
- Strategy: Contribute to the roadmap and resource planning
- Measure Success: Determine metrics for success and constantly measure them
- Collaborate: Communicate effectively with cross-functional teams, engineers, Product Managers, customers, and partners
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- 8+ years of industry experience, including with large scale enterprise web/saas applications
- 3+ years of experience on senior engineering roles (designing APIs, abstractions, and tools used by other engineers)
- Expert-level knowledge of:
- Microsoft .NET technology stack (C# / .NET, ASP.NET MVC, Web APIs) and SQL databases (Microsoft SQL Server or any other)
- Taking existing monolithic applications to a domain based, service-driven paradigm
- Experience with large scale 3rd party integrations
- Basic Microsoft Windows administration skills including IIS administration
- Performance / reliability monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic, DataDog, Application Insights)
- Log / Metric collection and analysis tools (e.g. Elasticsearch-Logstash-Kibana, DataDog, Interana)
- Git, unit testing, debugging, profiling, Visual Studio, JIRA and other tools that are typically used by developers on Microsoft technology stack
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools (TeamCity or similar)
- Administration and building automation for Azure, AWS or other public cloud technology
- Ability to empathize with our users and champion for their experience.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- B.S., M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or a related technical field.
ServiceTitan is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for the trades, a trillion-dollar global industry. We help small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Perks & Benefits
1. Work/Life Balance: flexible work schedule, flexible PTO
2. Family-Friendly Benefits: extended parental leave, pregnancy support, 20k in adoption reimbursement, Snoo Smart Sleeper, back-up childcare credits, legal benefit, discounted pet insurance
3. Enrichment: ongoing learning culture with access to Linkedin Learning and professional development workshops, diversity charter groups, orientation program, career pathing opportunities, mentorship programs
4. Health & Wellness: company-paid medical/vision/dental/life insurance/disability, employer HSA contribution, free One Medical membership, care coordination support, 401(k) with company match, stipend for home office equipment/supplies, gym discounts, monthly cell phone stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer
ServiceTitan does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. At ServiceTitan, our mission is to help our Titans and customers achieve the extraordinary. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate the diversity that each Titan brings to the table. We believe that the convergence of fresh, unique perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great - and there's always room for more.
CCPA Notice for CA Residents applying to Jobs at ServiceTitan
Please review the CCPA Notice here: ServiceTitan CCPA California Privacy Notice
Life at ServiceTitan