Customer Success Director
Customer Success Director- New York
Customer Success is a critical part of our business and simply put, if our customers aren’t successful neither are we. We’re looking for a seasoned leader to help manage and drive a hungry, savvy team of Customer Success Managers that in turn will ensure our customers' goals are realized. You’ll be expected to forge close working relationships with client decision makers and C-level executives alike and be responsible for the overall satisfaction, retention and growth of your customer base. You’ll manage a multi-million dollar book of business (working closely with your team and peers) to determine the appropriate marketing strategies to employ that will help our customers achieve their desired outcomes and recognize unparalleled ROI from their investment in Sailthru.
If you’re a leader with a relentless drive for customer satisfaction and are highly experienced in SaaS solutions, we’d love to speak to you!
- Lead and grow a team of customer success managers by onboarding, managing, coaching, mentoring and improving their ability to deliver and exceed expectations; provide outstanding leadership that attracts and retains amazing talent and motivates the team to succeed
- Drive the team to deliver a best-in-class customer success experience with a focus on strategy, metrics and adoption
- Disseminate best practices for building customer lifecycle touchpoints and ensuring long-term success, adoption, satisfaction and ultimately, renewals, including developing and deploying training and development programs for customer success managers and associates
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with other functional teams to ensure that CSM goals and initiatives are aligned with goals across the organization (sales, technical support, product, etc.).
- Assume ownership for 2-3 strategic areas of focus and become the key touchpoint for the CSM organization in this area (e.g. relationship with sales or professional services, commercialization for a new product launch)
- Manage line-by-lines for portfolio of clients; track accounts to identify churn risk and work proactively to mitigate that risk
- Hold deep empathy for customers and build strong relationships with client organizations, especially at the executive level
- Scale and support account management function as business needs dictate (including serving as a CSM for certain accounts if the situation demands)
- Self-starter who is passionate and ridiculously enthusiastic in all they do!
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced, “GSD” environment
- 7+ years of relevant experience in customer-facing roles with at least 5 years experience managing a team
- Experience with data analysis and developing digestible narratives even with complex topics
- Strong interest in enabling and empowering team members on a 1:1 level
- Track record of motivating, inspiring, and developing people with they’ve managed
- Strong sense of resiliency and urgency
- Comfortable being decisive, seeking out feedback and working with a high degree of independence
- Professional, agile, able to build strong working relationships with different types of people
- Strong presentation, email and telephone communication and negotiation skills
- Experience with marketing technology a plus
- Did we say passionate?!?
Back to top