Machine Learning Platform Engineer
- San Mateo, CA
Machine Learning Platform Engineer
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
For three years running, we have been honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Machine Learning Platform Engineer you will build the next generation of ML Ecosystem Tooling. You will have a direct impact to the state of the Roblox platform, and the industry, to the next level of managed E2E ML Pipeline Development and Automation—providing our developers and creators alike the ability to go from an ML idea to production in weeks or less. We are looking for talented ML and Systems Engineers to help build the next generation of ML Ecosystem Tooling.
- Passionate about pushing the technological envelope and venturing into the unknown.
- Possessing a toolchest of system design experience upon which to draw to build scalable, reliable platforms for all of Roblox.
- 3+ years of professional experience working with scalable, distributed systems.
- Well versed with the Model Development Lifecycle from initial ad hoc analysis in notebooks to monitored services in production and back again.
- Proficient with DevOps tooling such as Docker, K8S, CI/CD systems.
- Strong understanding of best practices in developing Platform / Infrastructure APIs.
- Someone who has built a model in a modern ML framework such as Tensoflow, PyTorch, ML Lib, etc.
- Experienced with developing data pipelines in a common framework such as Beam / Spark / AirFlow / etc.
- Understand best practices around Data and Model management
- Have deployed and maintained an ML model in production
- Understand the use cases for various data processing and storage technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science or a similar technical field.
- Design and Implement the Developer and Creator facing API for declaring E2E ML Pipelines and Model Experimentation.
- Develop the service APIs for various ML Infrastructure components--Serving Layer, Metadata Store, Model Registry, Feature Store, and Pipeline Orchestrator.
- Work directly with the ML Infrastructure team to identify and leverage opportunities for further automation and optimization.
- Partner across organizations to build tooling, interfaces, and visualizations that make the ML@Roblox a delight to use.
- Have a direct impact to the state of the Roblox platform, and the industry, to the next level of managed E2E ML Pipeline Development and Automation
- Provide our developers and creators alike the ability to go from an ML idea to production in weeks or less.
- Have a direct impact as a part of the team that is building a platform to handle the thousands of model experiments per day needed to support everything from ranking and recommendations, through content moderation and fraud prevention, to studio creative tooling.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Back to top