Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills and enthusiasm make a difference and where your voice will be heard? At RingCentral our award-winning environment is high-energy, team-oriented and committed to providing world-class service for its customers. We’re the #1 global cloud-based, communications provider, growing at more than 30% annually and we’re looking for team-members with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, market capitalization of over $18 billion and we are very excited to have surpassed our previous goal of a $1 billion annual revenue run-rate ahead of schedule.
- Craig Hallum:“Predictably Exceptional Results – We’ve Come To Expect Nothing Less.”
- Deutsche Bank:“Executing like a Well-Oiled Machine.”
- Jeffries:“Firing On All Cylinders.”
- Northland:“As UCaaS Market Evolves, RNG Excels”
We’re creating cool, disruptive products and we need your help!
Job Type: Full-Time | Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
The Back-End Software Engineer will be responsible for not only development but also production support of node-based micro-services, which span multiple cloud providers and data centers across the globe. The engineer should be able to identify and read all technical documents, be comfortable using APIs of all flavors (including REST and streaming APIs) and be able to dive deep in the internals of our product. The best qualified candidate will not be afraid to identify scaling issues or architectural changes.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field and equivalent practical experience.
- Strong understanding of Node.js or similar
- Experience in consuming third-party APIs, with an emphasis on REST, JSON, XML and OAuth.
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, PHP, Perl)
- Understanding of event-based programming
- Working knowledge of web-based authentication and authorization schemes
- Comfortable working with the command line and linux systems
- Container concepts like Docker
- MongoDB, Redis monitoring and administration
- Working knowledge of queuing systems
- Familiar with AWS or similar and use of CLI tools
- Source control, especially GIT
- Ability to clearly communicate and document work
- Understanding of code testing methodologies such as mocks and stubs
- Basic understanding of balancing/monitoring/troubleshooting large distributed systems
- Self-starter, used to working in fast-paced, start-up environment
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.