Senior Manager, DevOps & Site Reliability Engineering
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills and enthusiasm make a difference and where your voice will be heard? At RingCentral our award-winning environment is high-energy, team-oriented and committed to providing world-class service for its customers. We’re the #1 global cloud-based, communications provider, growing at more than 30% annually and we’re looking for team-members with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, market capitalization of over $18 billion and we are very excited to have surpassed our previous goal of a $1 billion annual revenue run-rate ahead of schedule.
- Craig Hallum: “Predictably Exceptional Results – We’ve Come To Expect Nothing Less.”
- Deutsche Bank: “Executing like a Well-Oiled Machine.”
- Jeffries: “Firing On All Cylinders.”
- Northland: “As UCaaS Market Evolves, RNG Excels”
We’re creating cool, disruptive products and we need your help!
Job Type: Full Time | Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
The Senior Manager, DevOps & Site Reliability Engineering contributes to the strategic objectives of the Innovation Division by providing 24x7 support of cloud-based production platform by managing SRE & DevOps team members across multiple geographical zones (USA, Europe, Asia).
This is a Fort Lauderdale office based technical management position focusing on development, leadership and oversight of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) department.
- Maintain 24x7 production environment with a high level of service availability. Perform quality reviews, manage operational issues
- Interface with Dev/QA/OPS teams to identify root cause analysis and re-instrument triggers to prevent future network degradation and outages
- Provide leadership and direction to SRE & DevOps staff that are responsible for break-fix, uptime and reliability for core services, distribution, and customer access network elements and related interfaces
- Explore and innovate new cloud and HA technologies, features, and tools
- Partner with development teams in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture
- Implement automation and orchestration for manual processes required to operate and deploy cloud services, be at the heart of developing new ideas into internal OPS/SRE tools by working closely with advanced technology and high IT professionals
- Provide leadership and managerial coaching to SRE & DevOps management team across all company’s locations
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and operations management teams
- Participate in company-wide initiatives to develop design patterns, and champion them on the relevant R&D teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field and equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of proven experience in support or development globally distributed cloud SaaS services with right level of Management experience
- Proven ability to design, deliver, measure, and manage big cloud environments with 20k+ VMs of high-growth SaaS systems with 99.99%+ SLA
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services including micro services
- Deep understanding of the software delivery process with the ability to implement and enforce that process across the organization
- Excellent project management skills. Understands the difference between waterfall, agile, scrum and any other project management tools to effectively strike the right balance.
- Experience with public cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, etc) is a must
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.
Back to top