Senior Director, Legal Operations
- Belmont, CA
Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills and enthusiasm make a difference and where your voice will be heard? At RingCentral our award-winning environment is high-energy, team-oriented and committed to providing world-class service for its customers. We’re the #1 global cloud-based, communications provider, growing at more than 30% annually and we’re looking for team-members with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, market capitalization of over $18 billion and we are very excited to have surpassed our previous goal of a $1 billion annual revenue run-rate ahead of schedule.
- “The Engine Continues to Operate Flawlessly, While Extending the Lead with Additional Horsepower” – Craig-Hallum
- “A solid end to the year but even more to look forward to in 2020” – Goldman Sachs
- “Becoming the Salesforce of UCaaS” – Guggenheim
- “Path to Multi-Billions Looks increasingly clear” – Raymond James
- “Execution this Clean is Worth the Premium” – Wells Fargo
Job Type: Full Time | Location: Belmont, CA
Working in direct partnership with Senior Legal Leadership, the Senior Director, Legal Operations will help execute RingCentral’s legal strategic roadmap and drive continuous improvement. The ideal candidate must have flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, business drivers and organizational needs. We are seeking a results-oriented professional with effective execution skills the ability to operate autonomously in a fast-paced environment and work proactively with various trams across RingCentral, including IT, HR and Finance.
Key Areas of Focus:
Tools, Technology, and Processes
- Responsible for development, implementation and enhancement of department processes, systems and tools.
- Track progress and performance of Legal IT Portfolio including the implementation of the Contract Life Cycle Management tool. Serve as business system owner for IT projects and making recommendations to management on the technology direction for the department.
- Support and drive departmental initiatives, including the new legal contracting tools, and the use of technologies to increase efficiencies.
- Develop an electronic filing system with all company contracts and other important documents.
- Help translate the legal team goals and priorities into strategic plan. Work with members of the legal team to drive, track, and report progress.
- Assist legal leadership team with day-to-day department operations, including reporting, dashboarding, budgeting, and financial management. Prepares reports and presentations for executive meetings.
- Assist Legal Leadership team with operating budget planning and management.
- Ensure cross-functional alignment. Create and drive relationships with other key company functions, such as HR, IT, Finance and Real Estate/Facilities. Identifies dependencies and facilitates collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Assist with collection and assessment of benchmarks/metrics/KPIs.
- Coordinate communication and development program for the legal department. Leadership team meeting; all hands meetings: training program; legal team retreats.
Outside Counsel and Vendor Management
- Design, implement, and manage a comprehensive external legal resource management program that includes managed services, vendors, and the law firms.
- The program should include tools, policies and processes for outside counsel expenses.
- Design with appropriate, disciplined tools and management processes
- 8+ years working in a in house legal department with responsibility over operational issues.
- Strong working knowledge of, and hands-on practical experience with, technology tools and applications typically used in Legal department settings
- Strong project management skills - consistently completes projects on-time with great attention to detail.
- Experience with strategic planning, budget management and reporting.
- A genuine interest and ability to connect with, build and maintain relationships with people at all levels and across organizational and geographic boundaries.
- Experience developing strategic or departmental planning materials that required consensus gathering from multiple constituents. Strong business partnering skills.
- An ownership mentality – sees tasks through to completion. Goes the extra step to proactively seek out answers to problems that may fall outside his/her area of expertise.
- Ability to synthetize information and present key data points in reports and viewgraphs.
- Confidence in dealing with other departments, outside representatives and upper management.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision in a fast pace environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, facilitating clear and open communication at all levels of the organization.
- Can do attitude. Good Sense of Humor
- Strong computer skills required, including MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong work ethic.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.
Back to top