Senior DevOps Engineer, Site Reliability Engineering
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills and enthusiasm make a difference and where your voice will be heard? At RingCentral our award-winning environment is high-energy, team-oriented and committed to providing world-class service for its customers. We’re the #1 global cloud-based, communications provider, growing at more than 30% annually and we’re looking for team-members with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, market capitalization of over $18 billion and we are very excited to have surpassed our previous goal of a $1 billion annual revenue run-rate ahead of schedule.
- Craig Hallum: “Predictably Exceptional Results – We’ve Come To Expect Nothing Less.”
- Deutsche Bank: “Executing like a Well-Oiled Machine.”
- Jeffries: “Firing On All Cylinders.”
- Northland: “As UCaaS Market Evolves, RNG Excels”
We’re creating cool, disruptive products and we need your help!
Job Type: Full Time | Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
This is a fantastic opportunity to work and collaborate closely with our software engineering, architecture and operations teams at RingCentral. Our Senior DevOps Engineer, Site Reliability Engineering are responsible for ensuring RingCentral products and services are highly available, reliable, secure and scalable. The ideal candidates are fluent in systems programming and/or automation and can leverage their experience to solve complex problems associated with running production environments at massive scale in multi-tenant environments. We’re creating cool, disruptive products, come join us!
- Maintain 24x7 production environment with a high level of service availability. Perform quality reviews, manage operational issues
- Interface with Dev/QA/OPS teams to identify root cause analysis and re-instrument triggers to prevent future network degradation and outages
- Explore and innovate new cloud and HA technologies, features, and tools
- Partner with development teams in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture
- Implement automation and orchestration for manual processes required to operate and deploy cloud services, be at the heart of developing new ideas into internal OPS/SRE tools by working closely with advanced technology and high IT professionals
- Implement automated tests, automated deployments, and operational tools
- Collaborate with Product and Support teams to plan and deploy product releases
- Ensure services are designed with 24/7 availability and operational readiness and rigor
- Implementation of proactive monitoring, alerting, trend analysis and self-healing systems
- Participate in on-call rotations, driving restoration and repair of service-impacting issues
- Define non-functional requirements as part of the product lifecycle to influence the new designs, standards, and methods for scalable, highly available distributed systems
- 5+ years of proven experience in support or development globally distributed cloud SaaS services
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, or related field and equivalent professional experience
- Fluency with at least one current generation scripting language used by DevOps professionals
- (Python, Perl, PHP, Ruby) + Java Development
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts, including Infrastructure as code utilizing tools like Terraform, Cloudformation, Ansible, Chef, Puppet or an equivalent
- Familiarity with Containerization concepts like Docker, and PaaS services on AWS.
- Experience with elastically scalable, fault tolerance and other cloud architecture patterns
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services including micro services
- Deep understanding of the software delivery process with the ability to implement and enforce that process across the organization
- Experience with public cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, etc.) is a must
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.
Back to top