Regional VP – North Americas Service Providers Sales Engineering
- Flexible / Remote
Regional VP – North America SPs Sales Engineering
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Remote - U.S.
Department: Global Service Providers Sales
The RingCentral environment is fast paced, high octane, success driven, team oriented and committed to growing the business in a virtually untapped market. Do you have the ability to thrive in a start-up environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
Key member of the Service Provider facing sales team having primary responsibility to lead the US & Canada Sales Engineering organization responsible for growing existing Service Provider partnerships and acquiring new Service Provider partners. This role will interact directly with all levels of management in the Service Provider accounts driving the entirety of the RingCentral portfolio. The Sales Engineering RVP at RingCentral requires excellent organizational and technical skills to lead an organization of Pre-sales Engineers engaging in value proposition selling of the RingCentral solutions, defining Service Provider MVPs, setting up POCs & Demos, leading Service Provider network and OSS/BSS integration discussions, RFI/RFP responses, and various other initiatives. One of the goals is to ensure the constant advancement and development of the Sales Engineers in their skills and knowledge to effectively compete in a global marketplace.
- Hire and Lead a world-class team passionate about delivering an outstanding and differentiated customer experience for the Service Providers and their end customers.
- Partner with internal Product, Marketing and Engineering teams to introduce and evaluate innovative Service Provider solutions.
- Build development plans for team members to ensure successful onboarding and continuing education of the team.
- Assist with the development of products, processes and documentation that best serves the Service Provider partners’ needs.
- Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned Service Provider opportunities.
- Balance the workload of the Sales Engineering team in concert with input from the Service Provider Account Executives and Regional Sales Leaders.
- Transfer industry, technical, and product knowledge to Sales Engineers, and in turn to prospects and customers.
- Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services.
- Support and participate with the Sales Engineers in performing advanced technical presentations for Service Providers, and their customers, remotely and in-person.
- Develop and maintain experienced understanding of all RingCentral applications and products.
- Represent RingCentral at conferences, industry, and sales events.
- Actively participate as a SME for RingCentral products and technologies and provide consultative support through leadership of your Sales Engineers.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 15+ years of experience serving in the capacity of a Technical Sales Engineer in a SaaS (Software as a Service) environment, or equivalent, meaningful experience.
- 7+ years of management experience in similar industries.
- Confirmed ability to provide technical leadership to Service Provider product and engineering teams.
- Confirmed ability to function as both an individual contributor and a leader of a top performing organization.
- Confirmed ability to lead, drive and prioritize multiple strategic and tactical initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to mentor and develop other members of the team and effectively lead an organization of Sales Engineering leaders and individual contributor.
- Must be able to coordinate across various groups and functional teams both within RingCentral and at Service Providers.
- Ability to apply solutions, technology and products to a business opportunity.
- Willingness to travel regularly throughout assigned regions
- Knowledge and demonstrated operating experience in one or more of the following areas of specialization: UC, Voice, Video, Mobile Communications, IMS.
- Knowledge of VoIP and data networking protocols
- Deep understanding of Service Provider channel and requirements.
- Driven knowledge including solution, technology and product offerings.
- Demonstrates the ability to excel at understanding and presenting complex technical solutions and issues.
- Some understanding of software development technologies is desirable.
- Some experience with project management and resource tracking desired.
- Demonstrated ability to implement, drive and supervise projects.
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top