Manager, Finance Systems & Operations
- Belmont, CA
Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills and enthusiasm make a difference and where your voice will be heard? At RingCentral our award-winning environment is high-energy, team-oriented and committed to providing world-class service for its customers. We’re the #1 global cloud-based, communications provider, growing at more than 30% annually and we’re looking for team-members with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, with a market capitalization of over $17 billion. With +$900 million run rate, RingCentral is projected to reach $1billion by 2020. Examples of Wall Street analyst quotes post Q3 earnings:
- Craig Hallum:“Predictably Exceptional Results – We’ve Come To Expect Nothing Less.”
- Deutsche Bank:“Executing like a Well-Oiled Machine.”
- Jeffries:“Firing On All Cylinders.”
- Northland:“As UCaaS Market Evolves, RNG Excels”
Job Type: Full Time | Location: Belmont, CA
We are looking for a Finance Systems and Operations Manager who will engage with business stakeholders in Finance Operations (Billing and Collections, Revenue, Accounting, Tax and FP&A) to understand business processes and user needs from business systems, drill into the details to analyze complex processes and translate them into business and functional requirements. You will be responsible for documenting detailed business requirements, defining project scope and objectives, systems configuration, testing, implementation, continuous improvement and ongoing support. To ensure we provide optimal service to our business partners, you will have a deep understanding of business processes and methodologies along with a strong analytical and data modeling background. You will also help onboard new Finance Systems Analysts, by guiding and mentoring them. As a Finance Systems and Operations Manager, you will set standards, define best practices and help build a solid foundation for a Business Analysis Center of Excellence.
Business Requirements & Analysis:
- Work closely with business partners to understand processes, gaps and goals
- Lead requirements gathering sessions and interview cross functional Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to elicit business requirements
- Analyze existing and future state business processes, systems and flows of data to identify opportunities for improvement
- Create and maintain documentation related to developing and modifying business processes and related systems
- Partner with business, internal and external technology teams to define associated system requirements and solutions
- Maintain the relationship between Finance and IT to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget while maintaining the critical business systems that drive Finance operations
- Participate in systems implementation projects (requirements documentation, systems configuration, test documentation/execution, issue identification and resolution)
- Act as the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding
- Distinguish user requests from the underlying true business needs to align with RingCentral’s overall strategy
- Mentor and help create best practices for Finance Systems Analysts
Business Solutions Design, Delivery & Support:
- Be proactive and take initiative to gather information, investigate gaps/issues, identify potential solutions and present to both Business and IT stakeholders
- Work closely with vendors, implementation partners, architects, developers and business units to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Facilitate review sessions with functional owners, subject matter experts and end-user representatives
- Oversee lifecycle for various projects within Finance from inception to completion (Billing and Collections, Revenue, Accounting, Tax & FP&A)
- Work with various teams to develop project milestones and timelines for development, UAT, production validation and go live
- Support delivery of reporting, dashboards and business intelligence capabilities through partnership with IT and Business
- Lead and perform data management and migration activities
- Ensure training and timely communications in accordance with project timelines
- Engage in other areas of Finance such as security, compliance (SOX), reporting and production and participate in change management support to ensure projects are addressed from end to end and the needs, interests and success criteria of the business are met
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Business Administration, Finance/Accounting or equivalent practical experience
- 8 - 10 years of knowledge and related industry experience implementing and maintaining one or more SaaS/Cloud financial systems (e.g. NetSuite, Workday, Salesforce, Anaplan, Concur, Tableau)
- In-depth experience with proven methodology in implementing Financial Systems (ERP, Planning, Treasury, Financial Reporting/BI, Consolidation Tool, Reconciliation Tool, and custom tools)
- Minimum 3 implementations of Financial ERP Systems for SaaS businesses as Financial Systems Analyst. NetSuite Implementation experience in AR, AP, GL, FA space is preferred, but Oracle Financials, SAP or equivalent ERP implementation experience is adequate
- Expertise in quote to cash processes and recurring billing eco-systems is a must.
- Subject matter expertise of quote to cash process, billing & collections, revenue accounting/GAAP including generalunderstanding of new revenue recognition guidance on ASC 606
- Must be a self-starter, completely independent, thrives in a fast-paced environment, customer centric and have the interpersonal skills necessary to manage business and technology relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with both technical and non-technical parties
- Must exhibit strong security and confidentiality practices with systems that handle sensitive data
- Advanced knowledge of software and spreadsheet applications, complex formula and macro creation required (Excel - Macros, PivotTables, VLOOKUP), Tableau report building and Oracle SQL knowledge is preferred
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive in a rapidly changing business environment
- Strong project management skills and experience successfully working cross-functionally
- Domain experience in Saas is highly preferred where candidate has worked on implementing financial systems or reporting solutions as a business analyst
- Can do and open to learn attitude required
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.
Back to top