We’re looking for a nimble and seasoned Senior Legal Operations Manager to join Procore’s Legal Department. In this new role, you’ll help create and execute a vision to build a world-class legal operations function, improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the Legal Department and ultimately Procore more broadly.
As a Senior Legal Operations Manager, you’re a proactive change agent who is excited about identifying, developing, implementing, and continuously improving new scalable processes and workflows across the entire Legal Department, which ripple out to the company at large. Successful candidates are comfortable turning ambiguity into order and collaboratively leading cross-functional efforts while relying on data to make business decisions.
This position will report to our Director, Legal Operations and can be based in any of our U.S. offices or remotely, with periodic travel. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and curate a multi-year process improvement and technology roadmap that supports the Department’s mission and objectives, partnering with IT to ensure those priorities become reality
- Create or improve the operations, internal communications, and ongoing innovation and evolution of the Legal Department in partnership with existing Legal Operations teammates
- Translate between legal, technical, and other internal stakeholders to ensure requirements are captured and priorities defined
- Assess, implement, and maintain best-in-breed technologies and processes to drive efficiencies in the Department’s delivery of legal services
- Stay abreast of latest legal technology developments and assess capabilities of solutions relevant to areas such as contract management, content management, IP management, policy management, business process management, e-signature, board management, e-discovery, compliance management, and subsidiary management
- Develop metrics to evaluate and monitor departmental effectiveness, client satisfaction, and team performance and provide regular reporting on initiatives to relevant stakeholders
- Conduct periodic team and employee training on relevant departmental topics
- Work closely with contracts managers to continuously improve internal and external commercial contracting processes
- Lead or support additional projects as needed, potentially including the ongoing ownership of longer term programs
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of relevant legal operations experience (gained ideally at a SaaS or other high growth software company) in roles of increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated experience identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve processes and tools to enhance efficiency and drive results
- Strong project management experience with a proven track record of consistently successfully completing projects on-time and on-budget, and achieving the desired result, ideally within a legal department
- Passion for technology and energized by the challenges of serving a growing company in a dynamic environment
- Proven track record of collaborating with all organizational layers of cross-functional groups (e.g., IT, InfoSec, Finance, Sales, Procurement, HR, etc.) to set objectives, ensure alignment, develop and drive relationships, identify dependencies, facilitate collaboration and deliver superior results
- Demonstrated strength in analytical problem-solving—analyzing complex tasks, synthesizing information, developing options, including comprehensive plans inclusive of alternatives, and presenting data and recommendations
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and maintaining cloud-based legal department technology solutions (e.g., contract management, e-discovery, e-billing, self-service contracting, document management, knowledge management, etc.)
- Adept at explaining complex systems and technical topics in a clear, concise manner to stakeholders who may have minimal technical knowledge using oral, written and visual presentations
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, proactive, efficient and resourceful with exceptional follow-through skills
- High EQ, impeccable professional ethics, integrity, judgment, and demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential information
- Be able to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive, “can do” attitude to the workplace and works collaboratively with other members of the Legal Department and organization
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.