Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join Procore’s mission to serve our underserved industry.
As a Principal Software Engineer on our Identity Team, you’ll create the core of our future application platform, empowering internal and external teams to more efficiently create and deliver experiences on the Procore Platform. In addition to playing a key role in our technology strategy, your work will directly enable all experiences built on the platform to seamlessly flex, extend, and meet customer’s unique construction needs on a global scale. While driving immediate and long-term strategic direction for major parts of the technology stack, you’ll identify critical areas based on future growth and collaborate with Product, UX, and other groups across Technology to develop Identity roadmaps and initiatives.
This position will report to the Director of Engineering and has the opportunity to be based in our Carpinteria, CA, or Austin, TX offices or work remotely from any U.S location. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute significantly to the architecture, design, and development of Procore’s application platform in key team areas
- Build underlying application platform features that enable customization and platform extensibility by users, first or third party developers, and our application team
- Contribute to core initiatives at Procore as well as independent innovative technical projects
- Use a collaborative approach to lead architectural design decisions that improve scalability and performance
- Develop teammates by conducting code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities
- Serve as a subject matter expert in our Identity domain, including processes and software design, that help guide others to create and maintain a healthy codebase
- Drive key teams that are building our next wave of technology design for the future of Procore
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or comparable work experience
- Demonstrable experience leading large initiatives with the ability to course-correct
- Demonstrable experience building or significantly improving large technology or architecture initiatives
- Experience working and developing APIs through REST, gRPC, or GraphQL
- Experience with test driven development and architecture design principles
- Familiarity with iOS and Android development
- Proven experience with web tooling such as micro frontends, Webpack, NPM and service creation tools, including Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, CDN
- Highly scalable REST and GraphQL API design & implementation experience
- Experience in automated testing, including unit and functional testing frameworks as well as automated end-to-end system testing
- Understanding of object-oriented programming language (Java, Ruby, TypeScript)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Agile software development is a plus
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.