What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Engineering Manager, Cloud Traffic Engineering to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As Engineering Manager, Cloud Traffic Engineering at Procore, you will help to build, manage, and evolve a newly formed team focused on designing, implementing, and maintaining scalable, reliable global traffic delivery infrastructure. You will have the opportunity to continually improve the most critical feature to Procore - our reliability! You will develop partnerships with our engineering, reliability, and security teams to work together toward solutions to improve our end-to-end customer experience.
This position will report to our Senior Engineering Manager, Compute with the opportunity to be located in our Carpinteria, CA headquarters, New York City, or Austin, TX office. Remote candidates will be considered based on experience with the expectation of occasional travel to these offices. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately!
What you’ll do:
- Drive excellence and quality through a software-defined approach to operations and cloud networking with a focus on security, resiliency, scale, observability, and performance
- Partner with customers, peers, and leadership in planning, prioritization, and roadmap development
- Ensure that networking products have clearly defined SLI, SLOs, and SLAs and that we’re measuring and reporting on those metrics
- Work with AWS to integrate their new and existing network-specific products and services to improve on clearly defined SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs within our ecosystem
- Identify opportunities across the broader organization for adopting and implementing cloud native solutions
- Identify opportunities for differentiating open-source initiatives and lead the development of new open-source SRE/Infrastructure platform tools
- Mentor and coach team members on a regular basis, help plan and support career growth, and recruit top-tier engineers
- Partner with peers and Cloud Systems Engineering leadership to help set team level goals, objectives, and overall strategies and provide unwavering support for Software/SDET Engineers on SaaS projects through collaboration and leading reviews of processes and architecture design
What we're looking for:
- BS or MS degree in Management Information Systems or a related discipline
- 8+ years combined experience as a Software Engineer, Platform, or Infrastructure Engineer/SRE with 4+ years experience managing teams of varying sizes and timezones
- Expertise in global cloud networking or network design for large-scale web applications
- Experience leading large initiatives with the ability to course-correct as needed and evaluate current technical approaches to continue to be industry best-of-class
- Experience working with teams, providing mentorship and guidance to improve the overall reliability of the ecosystem
- Passionate about learning and adopting new technologies that will ease your day-to-day job
- Experience in the following technologies is desirable:
- AWS VPCs
- Infrastructure as Code Tooling (Terraform, CloudFormation, Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
- IP address management (IPAM), DNS and Registrar Management
- PKI infrastructure for securing network communication
- Service Mesh (Linkerd, Istio)
- DoS mitigation strategies, Web Application Firewalls, etc
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.