We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer interested in building performant and reliable APIs. You will be responsible for architecting and building new APIs that power our core web and mobile applications. Additionally, you will coordinate with teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required. As a developer at Players' Lounge, you'll need to actively communicate with your teammates to ensure that your work is contributing to the team's collective goal. As a senior developer, you will also be responsible for being a vocal mentor to junior members of the development team.
Our ideal candidate uses our product, has a passion for gaming and our company mission, and works hard to ensure every gamer knows about Players’ Lounge. We want our team members to take initiative to improve our product through a deep concern for the user experience and the maintainability of our codebase, while effectively managing the tradeoffs between feature development and refactoring.
- Build robust and scalable APIs in Node.js
- Ensure our APIs are optimized for performance and reliability
- Expand our core GraphQL API that powers our web and mobile applications
- Write maintainable code that can be understood by engineers of all levels
- Build robust automated tests to test edge cases and ensure consistency in our products
- Contribute to the design and architecture of distributed systems and services
- Regularly communicate with frontend teams to ensure our APIs are fit for purpose
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with AWS (Lambda, EC2, Serverless)
- Experience with various database systems including both SQL and NoSQL solutions
- Ability to write well-documented, clean code
- Comfortable working with version control systems such as Git
- Understanding of GraphQL APIs and GraphQL concepts
- Experience with Test Driven Development using tools like Jest
- Comfortable mentoring other members of the team
- Experience architecting distributed systems on AWS or equivalent cloud provider
- Experience architecting scalable backend solutions
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.